Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven (Adam)

I did punch Declan Calhoun in the face after I made my decision.

It was only a warning punch that almost broke his nose and instead made it bleed. It was meant for Calhoun, even though it affected Declan too. It was actually worth it considering Calhoun pissed me off. He was an obnoxious, cocky little bastard that deserved more than just a punch, but I was feeling generous.

I guess going on a suicide mission could do that to you.

No, I scolded myself. This wasn't a suicide mission. It was more of a go-in-quick-get-out-as-fast-as-fucking-possible mission.

So more like a near suicide mission.

One that I couldn't tell Julian about. Actually, I wasn't going to tell anyone for that matter. I knew they'd make a big deal and try to stop me. I wasn't about to deal with people tugging at my sleeves to try and keep me here. I was tired of sitting around and waiting for something to happen. If no one else was going to do something, then I was.

"You're making that face again." I blinked and looked up to see Julian looking at me, concern written all over his pretty face. I ruffled his hair and gave him a kiss on the cheek in hopes of reassuring him, but I think it just embarrassed him and annoyed him that I hadn't properly answered. And while he deserved in answer, he wasn't getting one. I didn't want to lie, but I didn't want to tell the truth either, so the best choice was to stay silent about it.

I went back to eating the sandwich Mrs. Grey had made me before she left for work. The lady could be a beast, but she made great human food. What a waste that she was a vampire and fed on human blood, otherwise, she'd be a great chef.

Across the table, Seth was stirring his mashed potatoes, turkey, and corn all together as he muttered about the biology teacher threatening him with detention for a late assignment, a shocker considering Seth was super serious when it came to his grades. Kipp, being the somewhat dim-lightbulb he was, tried sticking a spoon to his nose by licking it, but it kept falling to the table with a loud clatter.

"So, what? We have to wait until you're done visiting with your sister and her girlfriend before you can come over?" Seth asked at last, lowering his fork to frown at us. Julian nodded, sighing in frustration as he rested his elbow on the table, cheek resting on his knuckles.

"Unfortunately. My mom wants me to be there when she gets home. In fact, she's picking me up on her way back from the airport." He answered. Seth raised an eyebrow, then looked at me.

"Looking forward to meeting the rest of the family, king? I can already tell how much Mrs. Grey loves you." He said sarcastically, making Kipp smirk and Julian roll his eyes.

I was actually looking forward to meeting Amber. She was an enigma to me; I hadn't met her yet, but I heard stories about her. She was the high priestess of a witch coven in Lansing and even owned her own occult shop. She met her girlfriend Mary-Kay shortly after the Grey family went through the first Zephyra wave. Apparently Mary-Kay was clairvoyant in a sense. She could see auras and was really empathetic.

Looks like there were more weird people out there.

And I used to think Kipp was as weird as weird got.

He was completely normal compared to Julian's world.

When I first felt that I liked Julian more than a friend or subordinate, I had assumed the only problem we would have is the fact that some people might not accept a gay couple. How odd it was to know that no one really seemed to mind that we were gay. It was just the fact that my boyfriend was a vampire from a vampire world with vampire terrorists and other weird vampy things.