Chapter Three

Chapter Three (Julian)

The worms crawl in, the worms crawl out

The worms play pinochle on your snout,

Your hair falls out, your teeth decay,

And that's the end of a beautiful day.

The voice singing that demented song echoed in my head and for a moment, I thought it was Daimonas, but his voice was never clear like this. Oh sure, this voice was echoing, but I still understand what was being said without having to listen closely. And I couldn't even tell if Daimonas was a male or a female yet and this voice was distinctly male.

I opened my eyes tiredly, expecting to find myself lying on the sofa beside Adam, but I was lying on the floor of what looked like a church. I blinked frantically, shooting upright and looking around in a panic. The church looked like it was decorated for a wedding with red and white flowers littering the place, a thick red velvet carpet leading up to the alter. Nobody was sitting here, though. There was no bride or groom or anything.

I blinked and slowly got to my feet, looking around in confusion. It was another vision, I knew that, but what was I supposed to be seeing?

"Daimonas, what's going on?" I called out, then stiffened as my voice echoed back at me through the room. I grimaced and started for the doors, but they suddenly creaked right when I reached them, making me go still. They cracked open slowly at first before bursting open, a cold rush of wind blasting me in the face and making me stumble back. I squeezed my eyes shut, blocking my face before lowering them. I expected someone to be there, but it was empty. It was just white space beyond the church doors.

"What's going on?" I managed, looking around, waiting for Daimonas to make his appearance, or what I assumed was his appearance. He always showed up as a thick layer of black fog and occasionally, I swore I saw his eyes hiding in there, but that was about it. Again, I was just assuming he was a guy too. For all I know, he could be a she... or an it.

I turned to head to the alter, only to pull up short with a sharp cry to see Adam standing there. Blood caked the whole front half of his shirt that was torn open, but his skin was sleek and unharmed. His knuckles were bruised, though, and his eyes weren't hazel anymore, but a deep, glowing red.

"Adam--"

"I object," His voice was terrifyingly angry, one I don't think I've never heard before, "I have something to fucking say."

"Adam--"

"He's mine!" Adam barked, then reached out and grabbed my wrist, jerking me forward. I yelped, then choked as buried his mouth against my throat and I felt a pair of sharp fangs sink into my skin. I gasped, clenching my fists against his chest and trying to squirm away, but he was unbelievably strong as he held me there, sucking hard at the blood inside me. He was drinking too fast, and too heavily. Dizziness swirled in my head as I tilted it back to look up at the ceiling.

As soon as I did, I felt like I was suddenly thrown forward into a worm hole or something. Visions flew at me viciously, attacking me from every angle, making me writhe and fight to shut my eyes, but it was too hard.

A final vision of Adam's fangs flashing in my face startled me awake, my eyes flying open as I panted hard. It took me a moment to realize I was sitting in Adam's lap on the sofa, him still plunged deep inside me and his eyes dark with concern, his hands on my face.

"Julian? Julian, answer me." He ordered, patting my cheek. I gasped, sucking in a deep breath before squirming a little, only to bit my lip and moan at the feel of Adam's inside me. He frowned, cupping my face and drawing it near his. When he opened his mouth, I almost expected to see the fangs there, but his teeth were normal and clean like a human's.