Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten (Adam)

I didn't like this.

I didn't like this at all.

I mean, I never liked it in the beginning. I had no problem with Julian being a vampire, of course. While it was complicated, it was incredibly sexy too and sexy always beat complicated. It was the whole thing of Julian having a parasite in his head that pissed me off.

This thing was causing more trouble than Newell and Xed being around. At least Newell took responsibility for his actions. The demon didn't. And the fact that Julian tried to defend the thing both pissed me off and concerned me.

Newell had said the thing would begin to become apart of Julian.

They would share a conscious.

I didn't fall in love with a demon.

I fell in love with Julian, and I wasn't about to let some parasitic demon thing ruin that. I wanted to ask Newell if he could think of a way to get rid of the demon, but he didn't look to be in the mood to talk and trying to force him would make him get snippy and whiny. He could try and convince everyone he was an adult all he wanted, but he was still a brat.

I needed to talk to someone who knew about the demon and wanted it out as much as I did. I almost thought of Declan Calhoun, but after hearing Vladimir and Newell talk about him, it made me question the guy's loyalties. I only had one person I could turn to and I had a feeling I was going to regret it, but it was worth a shot.

I waited until Julian was asleep on the sofa beside me. He laid on his side, pressing up against my back with his arm draped over my side. He was fast asleep, breathing quietly. I wanted to stay beside him and just sleep with him, but I had to move fast before I missed my chance.

I silently crept from the bed, listening to Julian sigh sleepily and curl up into a fetal position under the blankets. I left the living room, moving silently down the dark hallway where everyone else's rooms were. Julian's parents were already fast asleep, their bedroom light turned off. The lights were still on in Vladimir and Alexander's room, as well as Newell and Xed's.

I hesitated outside Alexander's room before rapping my knuckles on the door. I waited a full minute before the door opened to reveal Vladimir in a pair of black jeans that were partially unbuttoned, his black hair slicked back from his face, blue eyes staring at me.

"Can I help you?" He asked, hardly looking interested in any problems I'd have brought to him. I narrowed my eyes, unamused with his nonchalance as I folded my arms over my chest.

"Not you, but your husband." I answered. Vladimir looked at me suspiciously for a moment, then opened the door wider to the guest room. Alexander was sitting on the king sized bed, changing channels to the flat screen across from his bed before he looked up, brushing his wet blonde hair out of his face.

"Adam?" He asked. Could he say my name with anymore disdain? I ignored his tone, though, because I was here on important lover business, not to tease him no matter how tempting it was.

"I need to talk to you about your research." I stated. Alexander frowned instantly and glanced at the time, then turned back to me with a droll stare.

"It's past your bed time. You should--"

"Don't think you can talk to me the way you talk to Julian," I interrupted him sharply, making him blink in surprise, "I'm not gonna stand around and let you step on me. I'm a man too. And I want to keep my lover safe. I want that parasitic piece of crap out of Julian's head as soon as possible. I hate knowing that thing is inside him. He's gone through more shit than you could imagine. I know you didn't exactly have the easy life either. Your mom already told me about Nicholas." Alex paled and Vladimir's eyes darkened.