Chapter Five

Chapter Five (Julian)

 The vision of Adam having his heart torn out scared me shitless.

I couldn't sit still all throughout my classes and I tried to find Adam in the hallways, but it was like trying to move through maple syrup. People kept pushing and shoving, shouting and laughing. My panic heightened my senses, causing everything around me to blare like fog horns in my ears. It made me dizzy and I still couldn't stop the chills from coursing up and down my back.

Adam was in trouble. I knew he was. While my visions weren't always exact, they were close enough to terrify the shit out of me. I'd had way too many visions of Adam dying lately and it was scaring me. Why was this happening? He told me he wouldn't let himself die, and while you really promise someone that, he could at least, like, not die so fast!

This would be so much easier if he just wasn't human.

The thought ripped through me like ice and froze me in the middle of the hallway, ignoring all the people shoving past me and weaving around me to get to their destination. I was too focused on the fact that I just wished my boyfriend was a vampire and not a human.

But that was one of the things about Adam that I loved. He was completely and utterly human, and yet, he could still beat the living hell out of people. He did just that when Zephyra kidnapped me last time, but he ended up getting shot in the end and he could've died. If that gunshot had just been a little bit lower...

I shuddered to think about it.

But if he were a halfblood, he wouldn't have to worry about it. Oh sure, halfbloods could die too, but that didn't die as easily. A gunshot wound would heal itself depending on how much blood Adam drank, but would Adam even want to drink blood? Would he be willing if I talked to him about it? I was really scared about all of this. I didn't want Adam to die. If he died, I'd have no idea what I'd do with myself. I wasn't as strong as Alexander. I wouldn't be able to move on and find someone else.

Just thinking about it made my chest hurt. I could hear my heart pounding so hard against my ribs, like it wanted to escape.

I almost went on to think about the whole damn situation itself, but the bell rang and I gasped at the sound, listening to it ring and echo through the halls. My ear drums screamed in pain and I actually had to clasp my hands over my ears, hissing past clenched teeth. I peered up at the bell nearby as it trembled with sound. By now, everyone was flooding into their classrooms.

I couldn't do it, I realized miserably. I couldn't sit in class, and what if Declan was in my next class? There was something wrong with him. I got a vision the moment we came in contact, but why? He acted like a normal human. All throughout first period, he just took notes silently and listened carefully, but that was it. He didn't look at me anymore. And something inside me told me that he knew about the visions...

Daimonas, what's going on?

I didn't wait for a response and just walked down the hallway to the bathroom, ducking inside and checking all the stalls before I concluded that I was alone at last. I went into the largest stall and set my bag down, leaning against the wall and closing my eyes.

"Daimonas," I whispered aloud, pressing my fists against the wall behind me, "Tell me what's going on. This really isn't the time to be quiet." I waited, and waited. I lost track of how long I stood there, waiting for an answer. I sighed, frustrated, pushing off the wall to grab my bag when a strong, invisible force sent me back against the wall. My eyes widened and I felt another one of those psycho trippy worm hole visions. I dug my nails between the tiles on the wall, watching images flash by me, most of them I'd already seen and now included the vision with Adam getting his heart ripped out. I wanted to shut my eyes to it, but my eyes wouldn't obey.