Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve (Julian)

"Okay, he has to be like seven feet tall."

"Or a hundred."

"Shut up, Kipp."

It was all Seth and Kipp could talk about when we took a break to go to the kitchen for snacks. They had been distracted by Xed the moment he walked in. It was kind of hard to miss him considering he was gigantic. He actually had to duck into the house to get through the doorway. It was almost comical to see him standing next to Newell, who had to be less than four feet tall. Of course, no one said that because Newell could be just as scary as Xed when he was angry.

Speaking of angry, Newell didn't seem as mad at Xed today as he was yesterday. But they weren't talking. Newell kept quiet the whole time we were at Seth's, sitting cross-legged on the sofa with his arms folded over his chest. Xed just sat beside him politely, hands in his lap. They looked really out of place while the guys and I were rehearsing.

"And you said he can't talk cuz he's mute?" Seth asked as he got us a four-pack of Coca Cola, placing it on the counter. Adam took one off for himself, but remained silent as I nodded, taking off a cola just because I liked the flavor of it.

"Sorta like the Little Mermaid," Kipp pointed out, taking his can out of Seth's hand, "Only this guy's freakishly tall and eats everything that walks." He opened the can, only to have it spray in his face, making him yelp. Seth grinned as Kipp sputtered, shaking the soda off his face.

"Not cool!" Kipp protested in distress, wiping this face on his sleep as Adam watched with a deadpan stare, but I could tell he was entertained at Kipp's expense.

"Very cool," Seth answered, then glanced at Adam and I, "Speaking of cool, your mom's cool with us coming over for your birthday, right?" I shrugged, taking a sip of cola.

"My birthday, my party. You're invited. Just pretend you have no idea that everyone in the house is a vampire and try not to, you know, cut yourself or smash Kipp's skull open." I answered, making Seth nod slowly. He could hide it all he wanted, but I could tell the thought of being in a house full of vampires made him uncomfortable. It was like dropping someone in shark infested waters.

And it wasn't just the fangs they needed to worry about either.

My mom would jump on their cases and ask about their futures and get nosy. Vladimir would probably break out his new can of sarcasm and insults. Alexander would pull me aside and tell me I need to pick better friends. Amber would fuss over them, and Newell since they had yet to formally meet.

Yeah, this was going to be fun.

"What about your sister? You said she's a lesbian?" Kipp asked, eyes twinkling with interest. Seth snorted, elbowing him as he snatched a handful of popcorn from his bowl.

"Yeah, lesbian. It means men aren't on their menu." He told Kipp, who shrugged. I rolled my eyes, making a face of disgust.

"Don't think perverted things about my sister, that's just weird. And besides, Amber's happily engaged... Really happily engaged. Like, she's probably not even gonna tell you her name first or ask you how her day is because she'll be too busy talking about her fiancee, Mary-Kay." I explained, making Seth nod in understanding.

"My brother was like that when he first got engaged." He answered sympathetically.

"Your brother was engaged?" Kipp asked in surprise. Seth gave him a droll stare, pointing a finger at him.

"Key word was. My brother has the brain  the size of a pea and he was engaged to some professor from Michigan State. Suffice it to say that it didn't last long considering stupid people can't breed." He informed, taking another handful of popcorn. Kipp rolled his eyes. I smirked, taking a sip of cola.