Chapter Two

Chapter Two (Adam)

Anger ripped through me at the same time as a sliver of horror as I watched the blood ooze from the cut in Seth's palm. It rolled down to the end of his palm, then fell to the floor with a wet plip sound. It was the only sound as Kipp gaped at Seth as if he were insane and Julian paled.

"Prove it." Seth repeated, watching Julian closely. I slowly got to my feet in a way that was threatening to Seth because he also shot to his feet, not caring that I was a good foot taller than him. He didn't back down either, still holding his palm out, letting the blood fall to the hardwood floor.

"That's enough," I said, my voice icy, "Quit being a brat. Julian can handle it just fine."

"Really? Because he looks pretty damn hungry to me." Seth returned, glancing at Julian, who scooted back quickly to the other side of the sofa, gritting his teeth behind pursed lips. Kipp looked panicked, mostly because of the gash in Seth's palm. I don't think he quite got the fact that he was stuck in a room with the very thing he was trying to kill in his video game.

"You'd be hungry too if someone waved a double cheeseburger in your face," I answered coolly, stepping in front of Julian's line of sight to block the view of Seth's palm, not that it would do too much good since Julian's heightened senses could probably smell it, "Now put that away and go clean yourself up. If anyone's looking insane right now, it's you."

"Uhm, duh," Kipp managed, slowly rising to his feet, "You just cut yourself! Are you stupid?!"

"No," Seth seethed past clenched teeth, his eyes glowing with irritation, "I'm trying to prove a fucking point. First of all, you obviously don't know the definition of a vampire. Second of all, you lied to me up until now about all of this shit. No, the best part is that he told you and not us." I narrowed my eyes at him, clenching my fists as Julian quickly got to his feet, staying behind me though.

"I didn't tell you because I knew you'd flip! You're always talking about staking vampires and, dude, you just gave Kipp a game about killing vampires. So excuse me for not wanting to tell you!" Julian exclaimed angrily. Seth shot him a death glare before looking back at me as I scowled.

"And for your information, I do know the definition of a vampire," I responded heatedly, reaching behind me and grabbing Julian's hand tightly in mine, "It's somebody who survives off drinking blood. It doesn't mean he's a killing machine. In fact, their society has been trying to co-exist with us for... well, a fucking long ass time. Kinda hard when the humans are, oh, I dunno, trying to kill them." Seth blushed at that, throwing his hand down at his side before bringing it back up to point an accusing finger at Julian, making Julian recoil at the droplets of blood that were tossed his way.

"They're the ones who started it! They're the ones killing people! How do you think they get blood? And where do you think the blood in blood bags even come from, douchefuck?! Obviously us! The fact that he hasn't bitten you yet is amazing!" He retorted, dropping his hand to his side again.

"I am so confused." Kipp whined, clutching the sides of his head, covering his ears in an attempt to block us out. I almost felt sorry for him. Kipp had a hard time believing the unbelievable, so this whole thing was probably going to come off as a shock. Then again, there was no proof that Julian was a vampire... Not really.

"Julian won't bite us," I replied darkly, clenching my fists, "He actually gives a shit. Although, right now, I wouldn't mind beating the crap out of you." Seth looked intrigued by that and threw his arms out.

"Come get me, Godzilla." He dared. I didn't even give him a chance to move as I lunged at him and caught him around the waist, slamming him into the floor so hard, I swore I heard his head crack and it gave me pause for a second until his fist came shooting into my jaw. Pain exploded into my mouth and I ran my tongue along my teeth, tasting blood before I narrowed my eyes at Seth, trying to grab his fists and pin them to his chest, but he moved fast and his wounded hand was slick with blood, making it hard to hold onto.