Chapter 5

5. Attached By Hand

The Mexican night air was cool and calming yet it did nothing to Krislynn's foul mood. She was starting to think that maybe digging her nose into other people's business was not a good idea. That was, after all, how she had gotten herself handcuffed to Chase Evans for the next 24 hours.

Usually, she wasn't the type to start up a conflict. She was surprisingly outgoing and optimistic about unreasonable people and even more so towards unreasonable situations, but if it's one thing that completely sends her off the edge, it's people like Chase. Krislynn couldn't stand people who were arrogant and thought they knew everybody's story for the life of her. What right did they have to be judgemental?

"This is so cruel," she muttered walking out of the police station with Chase right beside her. "Even Jigsaw gave his victims an alternative option."

"Look. If you want a knife, I'll hand you one," Chase offered. "But if I give it to you, I better start seeing some blood---I better see that arm twitching like a dying fish on the floor. You got that?"

Krislynn only glared at him for a split second before kicking her ankle out to trip him. The next scene played out like a movie on the big screen set on slow motion. Chase twisted his body around as he fell, his eyes glaring at his prosecutor, his mouth in a big 'O' as a long, dragged on 'NOOOOOOO' escaped his lips.

Absolutely delighted by the horrified look on his face, Krislynn put her free hand over her stomach and burst into laughter. She was so enthralled by this matter that she had completely forgotten her other hand was attached to his so when Chase tugged his wrist in angry vengeance, she had no idea what hit her until she came tumbling down after him. Her body toppled on top of him as her lips mashed up against his.

They both screamed at the same time as Krislynn peeled her lips away and sat up straddling his hips. A thick burn invaded her lips as her cheeks flushed and before she even realized what was happening, she slapped him across the face---the second time within the hour.

Chase stared up at her with bitter rage. "What the hell was that for?" He screamed. "You slapped me? After you took advantage of me?! What is the world coming to?!"

"I did not take advantage of you," she retorted, her fingers lightly tapping against her swollen lips. "You were the one that pulled me down---you took advantage of me!"

"Why would anyone take advantage of you?" He snorted, wiping his mouth with the side of his arm in disgust. "I mean, seriously! I wouldn't touch you even if you begged me to---even if you paid me too! Now get off of me!"

Krislynn let out a growl before gripping the collar of his shirt and shaking him with it. "Why do you have to be such a jerk?"

"I said get off of me, you twat," he barked. "Now! Or you're going to regret it. Get off now. I mean it!"

Abruptly, Krislynn stopped and let go of his shirt. "What... is that?" She asked, feeling something unidentified touching her below.

"Shit," Chase grumbled, running his hand through his hair. "You should have just gotten off when I told you to. Now, it's sort of late."