Chapter 46

A/N.: I'm very ashamed that this is like my FIRST update of the New Year and it's like 3 weeks into April. It's not even that good so complain as much as want in the comment section. I'll take it with a grain of salt and probably a litre of tequila.

46: Dumb As A Donkey

A billion questions fluttered across Krislynn’s mind, leaving her a bit breathless and hysterical once they’ve passed. How was it possible that Pedro was in a signed band in the three weeks or so that he and Ella have eloped? He did always like the guitar and, okay, Krislynn was even willing to admit he’s got a sexy voice – what with that sluggish Mexican accent that he hadn’t quite lost – but wasn’t touring America a little too soon? How could so many things have happened to him in that short length of time?

Krislynn started pacing around the kitchen and after almost slipping on the milk and cereal she had spilled onto the floor, she decided to clean up and shake off her nerves before deciding her next course of actions. Frankly, it would be useless for her to dawdle on questions that couldn’t be answered and instead, she decided to focus her attention on what needed to be done.

First of all, there was no chance in hell she was going to miss this opportunity. It was like a gigantic present falling out from the middle of nowhere and Krislynn was going to take advantage of it even if it killed her.  Second, she needed to figure out how she was going to see Pedro. Obviously, the best choice of action would be to attend the concert in L.A, but how was she going to get up close to Pedro enough to attack him with a hug and demand to see Ella? Would he be signing autographs? Could she buy a backstage pass?

It dawned on her then, quite suddenly, that she wasn’t exactly who she was three weeks ago either. After all, she was friends with celebrities and the ‘girlfriend’ of a famous director, wouldn’t it be easy for them to use their connection to get her a meeting with Pedro somehow? Maybe even before the concert!

Krislynn’s body instantly shook with excitement, so much that she had to break out the vacuum cleaner to calm her nerves. She’d have to wait until Chase came home to get a verdict on her situation, but before then, the least she could do was keep her sanity.

The wait was agonizing, but on Chase’s part, he did come back at quarter past ten, a lot earlier than she had expected. The moment Krislynn heard him coming in she dropped everything she was doing to meet him at the front door. He was still kicking his shoes off when she arrived and was almost spooked by how much enthusiasm that came out of her voice. “Chase! You’re home!”

He smirked when he saw her and then in the most obnoxious way humanly possible, spread his arms wide open in the air. “So you’ve missed me little pig,” he said, stifling a chuckle. “Well, whatever. I’m feeling extra generous today so if you come running into my arms like they do in those old romantic movies, I might even give you a hug.”