Chapter 21

21. A Ride On A Stallion

When it comes to forgiveness, Krislynn was either a complete pushover or she didn’t understand the meaning of it. The trend was typical and predictable – females, children and people with sad pasts or backgrounds got their way with her while all the rest, especially good-looking guys with money and an attitude, got the very worst.

Dressed in the sleek dress she wore last night with Chase’s black suit jacket over top and one high heel in each hand, Krislynn kicked Chase’s behind with the sole of her foot the moment they both exited their hotel room. “Come on,” she giggled. “Down.”

Chase stood like a rigid wax figure a metre ahead of her inside the hotel corridor. “Screw that,” he scowled. “I’m not doing it. You can’t make me!”

Krislynn made a face at his response. “Do I have to remind you that you were the one who said it?” She asked. “You be my piglet. I’ll be your donkey. Huh?! Who was the one who said that?”

“Yeah, but I didn’t mean it literally!”

“Fine, don’t do it.” Krislynn crossed her arms in front of her and raised her shoulders in an apathetic shrug. “But I’m going to tell everybody you didn’t even last two seconds in bed.”

“No one’s going to believe you!”

“You want to gamble on it? I’m sure Michelle will have a laugh. I’ll even shout to it the paparazzi the next time I see them. The headlines will read ‘Chase Evans has lost his touch!’”

“Okay! Fine!” Chase turned around and threw her a dark glare. “But if I do this one thing for you, you have to keep your end of the promise too, okay?”

“Yeah. Yeah. I won’t bring it up anymore.”

“And you won’t spread any weird rumours.”

“I won’t.”

“And you’ll fully acknowledge that I didn’t take advantage of you last night.”

“You didn’t.”

“And you won’t put laxatives in my food or nothing as some sort of sick, twisted revenge.” Chase waited, but Krislynn remained silent. “What the hell?! Say it, damn it! Repeat it! Tell me you won’t!”

“I won’t,” she moaned. “I don’t even know why you would think that in the first place.” Not sure he fully believed her, Chase heaved a sigh. “Well, are you going to do it?” She pressed with a hopeful smile. “While there’s still no one around?”

“I can’t believe I’m going to do this.” Grunting, Chase quickly checked left and right, and after making sure the corridor was empty, reluctantly got down on his knees. “Only to the elevator,” he murmured. “Then you get off and we’ll never talk about any of this ever again.”

She laughed. “Done.”

Lowering his hands palms down onto the carpet, Chase waited until he felt Krislynn’s weight on top of his back. “This is so stupid,” he muttered, though the obscenity of the situation aroused him a little bit. “And you’re fat.”