3. Attack!

"Now tell what happened? Why did you leave. You were looking so happy?" Siya asked drinking water from her steel bottle.

"I saw him. He was looking at me. Even Kabir was doing the same." Riddhima said fidgeting her fingers tapping her feet.

"We will be in Jodhpur soon. After that you will not have time to think about it. Just have some rest. I am also sleepy." Siya said looking at her wrist watch. As soon as Siya lied, she drifted to sleep.

Riddhima kept stirring here and there but was not able to sleep. She went out towards the door which was open and peeked out taking the cold air on her face closing her eyes to feel the intensity of it.
________________________________________

"Riddhima! Come back now" Vansh tried stopping her while Riddhima was busy jumping on the narrow boundary.

"No Vansh! Today I will show you I am not doctor ese hi.." Riddhima said between her jumps.

"When did I say so? Riddhima stop now!"
Vansh caught her dupatta but she pulled it back.

"When did Iiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!"
Riddhima was about to slip but Vansh holds her in Nick if time and they stare each other.
_________________________________________

The train stopped with a jerk. Riddhima opened her eyes as there was no station left now. Looking out, she saw the train had stopped in between the track. She jumped down and saw 5-6 men with AK-47 pulling down a man and
Boom!
They killed him. Riddhima was startled because they had seen her. She entered inside and closed the gates as fast as she could, and ran to her room closing it. She called Vansh. The call was declined so she called Kabir.
"Hello?"
"Kabir....attack....they...they killed someone...they saw me...."
"Riddhima just hide somewhere I will address the people. Be on call..... Brigadier Vansh! Inform Major General about some unwanted guests found near the doctors coach. Maybe they are the reason for the train being stopped. Riddhima?"
"Ye....yes.."
"They will not shoot you if you be like others. Just lay down at your place and pretend to sleep. We are coming ok?"
"Hmmm"
"Just be calm"

Riddhima lay down on her seat and covered herself with a duvet till head hiding her phone. She was able to hear some footsteps. She peeked and saw the same men. They were surely looking for her.
"Humein use khatm krna hoga isse pehle woh kisi se matlae kare. Jald!" (Matlae means informs in Urdu)

Riddhima could listen to the voice fading away.
"Kabir....I think they left."
"Don't move from there Riddhima. They can do anything. Just be there we are on our way"
"Ok"
Aaaahhhhh!!!

Riddhima flinched at the voice and all the lights of the coach were on. Jhalak and Prisha rushed to opened the door but Riddhima pulled them back signalling to be silent.

"Dr. Aja....."

Boom

One more gunshot was heard. Jhalak started crying holding her mouth.

"Don't worry we are here!!"

Riddhima very well knew this voice. It was Vansh. Riddhima along with Siya, Jhalak and Prisha kept their bag near the door and were sitting covering their ears. Tears escaped Riddhima's eyes. Even though this was not the first time, but she has never been so close to war.

After atleast an hour, everything was silent. Riddhima peeped through the window and saw Kabir knocking with an injured officer. Riddhima quickly opened the door.

"Siya! Two bullets are shot. One in the left arm and ither near his stomach. His stomach needs to be operated with an hour. Jhalak, Prisha. Get everything attatched I will be back with an oxygen supply."

She was continuously speaking and as she turned, Kabir had already left from there. She went out from there only to see many soldiers having rest and driinking water, after eyeing everyone; she saw Vansh. While he stood up swing blood on her clothes.

"Brigadier Vansh, the soldier needs immediate supply of oxygen which available in the next coach. I need some help."
"Sure doctor" Vansh replied and Riddhima was continuously looking at him. Her thoughts were broken by other's voice.

Riddhima rushed to the next coach, there was a dead body on the entrance. Vansh came up sliding the cylinder looking at her. She tried to focus on what she is doing and rushed away with the cylinder trying to pull it hard. Vansh helped her but while changing the coach, accidently or aimed by someone; a bullet was shot near Riddhima's hand but Vansh pulled her in a Nick of time. They both were beside the gate of the next coach; the firing started again. Vansh perfectly fitted Riddhima agains his body to save her from the bullets.

(Picture from alamy)

This the place where they both were.

After there was an utter silence, Vansh decided to let Riddhima go at a safe place. He was constantly trying to ignore her gaze fixed on him.

Sochta hun kya hai tu mera
Jo bhi hai sach hai ya hai khwaab sa

Both were just looking at each other, forgetting their surroundings.

Pehechante hain jaante nhi
Milte hain kehne ko to rozana

Riddhima hugs him tightly and starts sobbing while Vansh silently rubs her back trying to act emotionless, but his heart was screaming seeing her like this.

Tere liye mai toh hun begana...

"Brigadier! All fine! You can take her to a safe." Kabir shouted from the other side being worried. Vansh shrugged off Riddhima.

Khud se kehta rehta
Tu na mera, tu na mera
Rehne de na
Tu na mera, tu na mera
Phir kyun milein hai mujhe har jagah pe ese tu

Vansh holds Riddhima's hands tightly and they both stand up. As they got information, everything was clear. As they went towards the coach; bullets started firing again and Riddhima was pulled to other side, Vansh went to get her back but it was late, they pushed her into a narrow borewell, her screams echoed inside as they were throwing more soil inside it. Vansh was dumbstruck at the moment. Fear captured his mind on thoughts of loosing her....

Here, Kabir was cursing himself for not checking everything by himself and believing the fellow officers. They burst shooting all the people standing there who pushed Riddhima inside. All were dead.
Now there only aim was one, to rescue Riddhima from the estimated thirty-feet underground in the borewell.

Oooooo
What do you think will happen now? And how did you find Riddhima and Vansh being close? Do tell your reviews and vote for the next part.
Have a great day ✨

Tanvi 💫