35. Far away

"we are here" Vansh said as he stopped the car and woke up Armaan who was sleeping.

"Muzaffarabad" Armaan sighed, and the trio got off the car reaching to their headquarter.

"Brigadier Vansh Rai Singhania" Vansh introduced himself as he shook hands with their team mates.

"Everything is all set, just you two are left for the mapping." The person infront told them.

"Two? We are three." Vansh corrected him.

"Um..let me check the list." He said as he went back inside. "Shrinath Sir, your name is not in the list." He said looking at the cutted name.

"But why?" Armaan asked, and Vansh passed a glare to him and he bowed his head immediately.

"That is the reason. Mapping. Please come." He said taking three of them towards the cabin where the projector had maps of Jammu and Kashmir along with some areas of Muzaffarabad.

"This is Dara Battangi part of Muzaffarabad, from here you will leave, and for reaching there you have to cross the Kunhar river to reach the base, which is, in India only." He explained zooming into the maps.

"It would be easy to enter, but you all need to be careful that you finish every person before returning." Shrinath said as he looked for it.

" We need to swim back" Vansh said.

"That's not possible. All of soldiers will get fatigue at that time." The other person said.

"What's your name?" Vansh asked.

"Jayesh." He replied.

"So Mr. Jayesh, you really think a Soldier will get fatigued from just killing people with a gun?. It is easy to blame other countries for spreading terrorism, but if they are residing in our country we are ought to finish them." Vansh said.

"We will leave this night only. I want to meet the team." Vansh said and left followed by Armaan.

Being introduced by everyone who was in the team, Vansh was noticing everyone's gestures and expressions regarding to the scenario it was.

"Hope you all know me. I am Brigadier Vansh Rai Singhania, the lead of this team. We will be leaving to Dara Battangi in the afternoon, and take a look at the Kunhar river. According to the information their base in across the Kunhar river, which we have to swim back while returning. Any questions?" Vansh said it all in one go.

There such a silence that even their breaths were audible.

"No sir."

Came their voices all together.

"All right then. Talk to your family once and submit your phones. I will catch you all in the afternoon." Vansh said and left.

Around 6-7 soldiers were present there, all took out their phones and dialed their home walking here and there.

Vansh too, had his phone in his hand. He called Ishani, not wanting to tell Uma about the situation right now.

"Hm.. so someone remembered his sister today." Ishani said picking up the phone and Vansh chuckled.

"How are you?" She asked, at last she was too concerned about him.

"I am all good. You?" Vansh replied.

"All well. Having fun with Inayat." Ishani said and Vansh smiled confusingly.

"She reached there?" Vansh asked.

"Yeah she came with some officers. And she loves her new home a lot." Ishani told and Vansh smiled.

"Actually...Ishani. I am going out for some days. Can't tell what exactly it is but I will try to come home soon." Vansh said, but he could clearly feel the tension and frown on Ishani's face.

"Take care of yourself for sure. And don't worry I won't tell ma until you come back." Ishani said, Vansh could sense she was angry.

"Ishani.. are you angry?" Vansh asked, thinking to tease her a little.

"Not at all. I am not angry. I am VERY angry." Ishani said and Vansh grinned.

"You are grinning!? Like seriously!?" Ishani scolded him on the phone.

"So what you can't hit me here." Vansh said and laughed as he heard her irritated whinning.

"Ohk I will catch up later. Bye." Vansh said.

"Bye." She barely replied, and Vansh declined the call. With a shaky breath, he dialed to Kabir.

"Yes Vansh." Kabir replied as soon as he picked the call.

"All good?" Vansh asked.

"Yes it's going good right now. The operation is still going on." Kabir told him.

"Ok then, I will try to meet soon." Vansh said and declined the call.

He was scared. Wasn't he? How much he wanted to talk to her once before leaving, and forgetting that his life matters. Only remembering his duties towards the nation, which his family has been doing since ages.

Vansh went out and he too submitted his phone.

It was afternoon, Vansh was full ready to leave, proper uniform along with a bulletproof jacket. He came out to see that everyone was ready to leave and war supplements were being kept in the respective Jeeps. Guns, bombs, some armouries, and more bullets.

A last confirmation check was done and all settled in Jeeps, some with the armouries and other with their respective guns. They soon left from the base camp.

Reaching Dara Battangi, their first motive was to have a look at the river, how deep it is, what is it's breadth, how cold the water can be at night and much more.

The problems were no less, the river was really deep, and all that citizens knew that across the river ther is bare land, because that area is near the country boundary.

Vansh dipped his hand in water, it was cold and had some pieces of unmelted ice logs too. He had to plan something better for a return.

"Why would we have problems in returning if we kill all of 'em?" Vansh murmured to himself and went towards the small tent setup that they had formed.

"Out of 14 of us, 2 will stay at this side of the river, and provide us with needed armouries. And we need to hyper about return because if we finish all of them there would be no problem in returning." Vansh said to the boys and girls present there.

"The boats we will use to reach the other side will be pulled back during the shootout, and sent again after it ends. In this way, it will be easy for use to do everything" Vansh said with a voice, full of determination.

"We will leave as soon as the sun starts to set, so we can return before it gets too cold." Vansh said and all nodded.

Precap

The mission starts, Riddhima's condition becomes more critical.

41+ votes, for the last second episode, please?
Love,
Tanvi 💫

_RiAnshCommunity_