Chapter 4

A few days later, I'm sat in the game room with Chase playing games on the Xbox. He is too adorable!

I haven't said anything to any of the boys, except Chase, since dinner on Monday night. Noah has been glaring at me any chance he gets. Alex has talked to me a couple of times, considering he drives me to school.

A knock on the door brought me out of my game mode, Diane peeking her head through the door. "Chase, your father and I need you."

Chase pouted adorably, paused the game, and went to his mother. "I'll be back soon to play again, Gabby!" He ran out of the room, Diane close behind.

Getting up from the bean bag chair, I decided to explore the giant house I am living in. I left the game room and turned right, down the hallway. I heard the sound of cans clacking and something that resembled a spray can coming from a door that was a little ways from where I was standing.

Curiosity getting the best of me, I crept towards the door. It was cracked open, giving a small view of the room inside. I pushed it open and peered inside. One of the twins were standing in front of a canvas, his back to the door. The twins were identical in almost every way possible. The way I told them apart was the hair. Jason had darker hair them James. So, James was a painter.

"Uh, what are you doing?" James asked. Startled at the sudden noise, I jumped and knocked over a lone standing easel.

"I uh I'm sorry, I heard you in her and got curious. Sorry, I'll leave you alone." I turned to walk out.

"Hold up!" I turned back towards him. "How are you liking it here? I haven't asked and it's pretty rude to just never talk to you." He smiled, sheepishly.

"Um, it's not too bad here. Lots to get used to." I smiled, sheepishly. He nodded.

"You know, even though we haven't said much to each other since you got here, if you need to talk I'm here." He smiled, cheerfully and I returned a small one of my own.

"Thanks, James." I turned and walked out of the room, leaving him to his painting.

I walked down the hall the way I came. Heading up the stairs, I decided to hole up in my room and sleep for a while. It was Thursday, which meant that I had to withstand another day in the rumor-mill-hell-hole called school. I headed down the hallway toward my room, bumping into a hard surface, knocking me down in the process.

"My luck, I'd run into a wall." I groaned, rubbing my arse. I looked up at the "wall" which turned out to be a smirking Noah. Like I said, my luck. I stood, and walked around him.

"Something on your mind, Gabriella?" He smirked. I rolled my eyes and continues walking. "So why are you even here?"

I turned toward him. "If I wanted you to know, you would know." I smiled sweetly, turning to my door. I pushed it to shut it, but it was halted.

"Why do you live here?" Noah asked, stepping into my room.

"Obviously, it's none of your business." I sat on my bed, grabbing a magazine from the side table and flipped through it.

"You're living in my house, I think I can know why." He was so smug, making me angrier by the second.

"It's none of your business, Noah." He stared at me, an emotion I couldn't place swimming through the green of his eyes.

"You're living in my house, Gabriella." He repeated. "If I want to know, I will find out. You know you want to tell somebody, anyway."

Why does he say my full name? I don't know why, but it irks me.

"If I don't want anyone else to know, then I wouldn't tell you. You won't find out because nobody knows but me." I lied. Of course Dianne and Clay knew. I'm living in their house for Pete's sake.

"I have my ways, Gabriella, you'll see." He smirked.

"Why do you even call me Gabriella?"

"Does it bother you?" He stepped closer to where I say on the bed.

"It sounds like I'm that girl off that horrible musical about basketballs." I said, scrunching my nose at the thought.

"Did England not have High School Musical?" Noah said, stepping closer.

"I didn't have cable where I was." I didn't know how else to put it.

"What kind of teenager doesn't have cable?" He took the chair from my desk, straddling the back right in front of me.

"Why are you still in here, Noah?" I asked him rather rudely.

"Your eyes are brown." He muttered, a strange tone to his voice, his eyes concentrated.

"Uh, yeah, I think I know what color my eyes are." Confused, my eyebrows crinkle together.

Noah leaned in closer to me, causing my breathing to hitch slightly. "Do I make you nervous, Gabriella?"

My eyes squinted, I knew exactly what he was trying to do. I put my hand on his face and pushed him away from me.

"Get out of my room, Noah." Standing, I walked to my door, opened it and waited for him to walk out. He stood, approaching me.

"I will find out, Gabriella. Don't underestimate me." He said, lowly. Noah walked past me, out my door and down the hall.

I fell back on the bed, sighing. He can't find out. He would ruin me for sure.

~*~*~*~

Hey guys! Please let me know what you think about the story so far! It's the first I've put up and I really wanna know y'all's opinions. I will also make sure to update more and faster from now on. Let me know!