Chapter 8

"I- uh- was just-uh- t-trying to hide?" Noah smirked, walking towards me.

"Hiding from what exactly?" He was too close to me to be in nothing but a towel.

"R-Reese." My breathing was erratic, my heart pounding in my chest. It was just the running and the fact that a guy is standing in front of me practically naked.

It's not the fact that Noah was still glistening from the shower water or the fact that he had abs that would put any model to shame. That's totally not why I'm acting like a seventh grader meeting One Direction for the first time or anything.

"Why are you hiding from Reese?" He was smug, too smug for my liking.

"A p-prank." I stuttered as he leaned against the wall right in front of me. His towel was tied and both his hands were on either side of my head on the door. I was trapped.

His hand reached up, grazing my cheek. My breathing stuttered, my heart skipping at his touch. No. He leaned in but before he could make contact, I ducked under his arm and darted across the room.

"Do I make you nervous, Gabriella?" Every step he took closer, I took two steps further away.

"No. I'm just not used to being stuck in a room with a guy who's practically naked." I was against the wall now, and he was coming closer.

"Who said you were stuck? The door isn't locked." Noah was mere inches away, my breathing stuttering again.

And then an idea came to mind.

"Well, Noah, maybe I am trapped." I closed the distance between us, running my finger down his chest. He halted, his eyes going wide. "Maybe you trapped me under your spell. Maybe I can't be freed." I slowly spun us around without him knowing, twisted around and dashed to the door. "Or maybe you're trapped under my spell." I winked at him and fled from the room.

I reached the door to my room and went inside, shutting it and leaning against it. I spotted Reese and Jane on my bed, talking.

"I'm still not happy with either of you, but what just happened to you?" Reese asked, her face red. Probably from scrubbing at the marker.

"Yeah, you look really pale." Jane agreed.

"Oh, you know just running from Reese and ended up in Noah's bedroom where he was standing In a towel looking like a Hollister model without even trying." I collapsed on the bed backwards, my eyes closed.

"Well, aren't you glad he wasn't changing into his underwear or anything? You could have easily seen something you don't need to see." Reese was right, but I was still scarred.

"I've already been scarred, it's hopeless to think of what could've happened." I stated standing. "I'm going to take a shower, you guys can raid the kitchen if you want, Diane won't care." They jumped from the bed, running out of the room. I laughed a little.

I went into the bathroom with a change of clothes and a towel, setting them on the counter. I turned the water on to the hottest setting and hopped in after undressing. The hot water relaxed my aching muscles, which were sore from sleeping in that chair last night. After bathing and washing my hair, I turned the water off, reaching for my towel. I grabbed it, wrapping it around my body. When I hopped out, I noticed something.

My clothes weren't on the counter.

Wrapping the towel securely around my body, I exited the bathroom, entering my room. Noah was laying on the bed, my clothes on my dresser.

"Why would you take my clothes?" I said through gritted teeth. He smirked.

"It's only fair for me to see you in a towel after this morning." He stood from the bed. I was nearly naked and he was still trying to make a move on me.

"Get out of my room, Noah. Privacy is a thing in this world and I would like to have some." I walked over to my dresser and grabbed my clothes. Noah was still standing in the middle of the room, the smirk still on his face.

He stepped up behind me, his body touching mine. "You want me, Gabriella. I know you do." I twisted around, facing him.

"I don't want you, Noah. You're the biggest douche bag I have ever met. Why would I want someone like that?" I could tell he was getting aggravated by me, but this was fun. "Now, back up because I would like to get dressed."

Noah backed up, sitting on my bed. "Why are you here?" He was completely serious, but I wasn't going to tell him.

"It's not any of your business, Noah. We've been through this already." He sighed, laying back on my bed.

"Why is it such a big secret? Not like it won't be found out." He said, matter-of-factly.

"It's not any of your business, Noah. This is the second time I've told you to stay out of it." I stepped into my bathroom. "You should try listening." I flipped the lock on the door, hurrying into my clothes. I stepped back into my room, Noah having left already.

I made my way to the kitchen, where Reese and Jane were sat stuffing pancakes in their mouths. Alex and Chase sat next to them and they were talking and laughing with them. I grabbed a plate, loading it with pancakes.

"What took you so long to shower? We've been waiting for like 45 minutes." Jane stated, stuffing more pancakes in her mouth.

"I'm a girl, you should know we take our time." I joked, sitting next to Reese on the end of the island. I wasn't going to tell them about Noah coming into my room after my shower. It wasn't a big deal so they didn't need to know.

Noah entered the room, grabbing a pancake off of the stack in the middle of the island. He looked at me, winked, and left the room.

"What was that?" Reese whispered to me. I mentally groaned.

"Just Noah acting like the man whore he is, I guess." I whispered back finishing my pancakes.

Ugh, boys.