Chapter 18

"You can't avoid her forever." Noah stated, sitting at the bar as I made myself a sandwich.

"I have for a while now, so I guess I can." I gave him a sarcastic smile before sitting at the opposite end of the counter, taking a jet of my sandwich.

"You need to tell somebody that it wasn't you!" He said, moving to sit next to me. "You can't let this follow you everywhere you go." He said lowly.

"I'm not bringing up the past. I don't want to talk about it." I didn't look at him, but I heard him sigh.

"Gabby! I haven't been able to talk to you since I got here!" Angela said, walking into the room. "This place is huge!" Which is why it's easy to avoid people in. "We need to catch up darling." She smirked, going over to the fridge.

"Yeah.." I trailed off. "Do you want this, Noah? I think I lost my appetite." I whispered the last part to him, passing him my plate. I stood, walking out of the room.

"Gabbyyyyy!" I heard from down the hall. Chase came running at me, thudding into my legs. "I miss-ed you!"

"It's only been since yesterday that I saw you." I chuckled.

"It's been forever!" He said, completely serious. "You been with that mean girl." He scrunched his nose up, looking at the kitchen door.

"Why is she mean?" I squatted down to his height.

"She don't talk to me! I tried and she told me to go away." He pouted, his bottom lip poking out. I sighed.

"I'm sorry, Chase. How about I get your mummy to take you out for ice cream?" His pout transformed into a smile quickly, his puppy eyes turning into big, blue saucers.

"Yeah, yeah!" He shouted, grabbing my hand and dragging me down the hallway. We reached the door to her study, Chase shoving himself through the threshold. "Mommy!" He shouted.

"I kind of told him I would get you to get him ice cream? I'm sorry! I can explain to him-"

"Nonsense, darlin', I'll take him. It doesn't matter to me." Diane smiled, putting her papers and glasses down.

"Yay!" Chase shouted, hopping- literally hopping like some bunny- over to his mum.

"I'll leave you two to that, then." I smiled, leaving the room.

"Gabby." I heard an all too familiar voice say. "I would like to speak to you." Angela said, practically dragging me into an empty room down the hall.

"What do you want, Angela?" I yanked my arm away, crossing them in front of me.

"I want you to keep your mouth shut." She said, her teeth clenched.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"You know what I'm talking about, Gabriella, you're not that stupid." She sneered.

"You were my best friend, Angela. What happened to that?" The sadness was creeping in, but I pushed it back. Not now.

"I was never your friend, Gabriella. I wanted to ruin you. Just like you did me." She practically had steam puffing from her ears.

"How the hell did I ruin you? You were the most feared, popular girl in school!" I said, incredulously.

"You were the perfect child! Always had perfect grades, perfect attitude. Perfect, perfect, perfect! It was always about you! Your parents were being struct, your brother was bothering you. Always you, you, you!" She was breathing heavy.

"So you set my house on fire? My whole family was in there! I lost everything, Angela, and you didn't do anything about it! You turned everybody against me. You had me thrown in juvy!" Tears sprung to my eyes.

"You're a bitch, I hope you know that."

"You're one to talk." I told her. "You need to leave. Go back to England and stay out of my life."

"Gladly. As long as you keep your mouth shut." She walked past me, out of the room. I sunk to the floor, my tears flowing freely. Everything is gone.

I stood from the floor, wiping my eyes slightly. I don't know what compelled me to, but I walked up the stairs. My feet had a mind of their own, taking me to the person they thought would comfort me best.

I knocked on the door to the room, waiting. Noah opened the door, looking a bit taken aback. "Gabriella?" He asked.

"Hey, I don't know why I'm here... but um... I just spoke with Angela. I could really use someone right now." My voice cracked, giving away the façade I held.

"Please, yeah, come in." He stepped to the side allowing to help him. "Do you want to talk about it?" I sat on his bed, nodding my head. The tears were flowing and I'm seriously wondering why I came to Noah of all people.

"She told me to k-keep my mouth shut. About what happened." I choked on my breath. "She told me that she was never my friend and that she just wanted to ruin me. She got what she wanted." I closed my eyes, wishing for the tears to stop.

"She doesn't deserve your tears, Gabby. Don't let her hold this over you." He said softly, squatting in front of me. "Don't let her have this victory." He whispered.

"She already has this victory. Noah, she killed my family. I got blamed for it. My life is one big soap opera and I can't get away from it."

"You can fight this, Gabby, you're strong. I know you can." He grabbed my hands, looking at my face.

"My family is dead because of her, Noah! The person I thought was my best friend." I looked into his eyes. "The one I trusted the most."

"You're better than her, Gabby, you're so much better than her. You have to fight this." He was really close and it was starting to make me lose focus.

"Just make her leave, please. I can't see her without wanting to just cry." He pulled me into his chest, rubbing my back soothingly. I cried into his shoulder, feeling for the first time since I moved here that I was safe.

*~*~*~*

This book is my personal favorite! My first book and it's doing so well! I love all of you guys and I'm so glad you all like this book!

Send me covers and pictures and whatnot to my email:: dakota.hillin@gmail.com
Follow my Twitter: @DakotaHillin
AND follow my Instagram: @xdakotaaaaaax

Until next time my little bundles. :)

Vote. Comment. Share.