Chapter 11

"It's a great day today, isn't it?" Dustin stated, throwing an arm over my shoulder.

"And why might that be?" I asked him, a little startled by his sudden appearance.

"I aced my Spanish test, Jack is coming over after school, and my mom is going to actually leave us alone for once!" Jack was his boyfriend of a year. He went to a different school, which made it hard to see him often.

"Well, aren't you a lucky duck." I teased, nudging his side.

"I am very lucky, thank you!" He beamed, leading me into the cafeteria. We walked to our normal table, sitting around Reese and Jane. Dustin gushed his news to Jane and Reese.

"Hey Gabby! When are you free?" Some jock said, passing by my table. His friends laughed behind him.

"Maybe this weekend? I got a couple friends coming over, you up for it?" One of the jocks said. He high- fived his friends, walking to their own table.

"Don't take them seriously, Gabby." Dustin said, putting his hand on my arm.

"Yea, it's not like there's anything in their head anyways, right?" Jane assured. I gave a fake smile, nodding.

"I need to use the bathroom." I stood from the table, walking out of the cafeteria to the bathroom.

I looked in the mirror, looking for something that would make me look like a whore. The door opened then, Laura walking in with two blondes trailing behind her.

"Look who it is ladies! The school slut." Laura smirked.

"Really? I kicked your ass once, do I need to refresh your memory?" Her eyes narrowed as she walked closer to me.

"You just caught me off guard. I could take you if I had time to prepare."

"The only preparation you would need is to set up a nail appointment for the damage you might do."

"You aren't worth my time. Let's go ladies." She turned, walking out, her drones following her.

I sighed, walking into a stall. I sat in the corner of the handicap stall, a tear rolling down my cheek.

"I wish the past two years would just reset themselves." I whisper to myself.

*~*~*~*

"Gabby, please come down here." I heard Clay call from downstairs.

I stood from my bed, closing my math textbook. Walking downstairs, I spotted Clay and Diane standing at the bottom of the stairs. Noah and Alex were standing next to them.

"What's going on?" Noah had a busted lip and his knuckles were split. Alex stood next to him, a black eye and split knuckles as well.

"These two got in a fight today. I wanted to hear your side, they said it was about you." Clay said, leading us to his office.

"I don't know what you're talking about, sir. I didn't know there was a fight." I said, honestly.

"Alex, explain please." Diane said, gesturing to me.

"These guys were talking about her in a way you shouldn't talk about a girl. There were two, so, Noah and I confronted them." Noah was staring right at me, while Alex was avoiding my gaze.

"Gabby?" Clay asked.

"These guys were insinuating that I was basically a prostitute, yes, but I didn't know Alex and Noah confronted them. I went to the bathroom after that."

"Alex said it was after lunch that they confronted him. During the last period of the day, to be exact." Clay said, looking at the boys.

I vaguely remover Noah trying to talk to me in English, but I was zoned out the whole time. Not even Reese could break my spell.

Noah mumbled something, staring at the floor.

"What was that, Noah?" Clay asked.

Noah's head snapped up, staring at his dad. "She was crying." He said, loudly. He looked into my eyes for, like, five seconds before leaving the room.

"Is that true, Gabby?" Diane asked, worry in her eyes.

I nodded, leaving the room. I went to Noah's room, knocking on the door. I heard a faint come in. Opening the door, Noah was laying on his bed, staring at the ceiling. He looked over at me.

"What do you want?" He snapped.

"What's your problem?" I asked him, leaning against the wall by his door.

"I don't have a problem."

"You are always hot and cold with me! You're calling me a bitch one minute then beating someone up who made me cry the next." I walked to his bed, sitting next to him.

"Don't think too much into it, Gabriella." He said, still not looking at me.

"I can't help it, Noah. You always act like this badass, insulting everybody. But then you get in a fight with a guy that made me cry. Why?" He sat up, looking at me.

"Tell me why you're here and I will tell you why." He stated, looking into my eyes.

"What is with you and wanting to know why I'm here?" I asked, exasperatedly.

"You're closed off from everyone. I can tell. Why?" We were standing now, looking at each other.

"I'm not closed off, I just don't like you." I smirked, crossing my arms.

"You have walls built up around yourself, not allowing anyone in. That's why you won't tell me why you're here. Why are you here, Gabriella?" He stepped closer to me.

"Why does it matter?" I shouted, tired of asking the same question.

"Why won't you tell me?" He replied.

"Because you don't need to know, Noah. It's not any of your business."

"It is too my business! You live in my house, I want to know why!" He shouted, coming even closer. We were merely inches apart now.

"You don't need to know!" I screamed.

"Yes I do!" He was too close for comfort now.

"Why?" I asked. "Why do you need to know so badly?"

"Because you live in my house!"

"I can't go anywhere else, Noah, so just stop!"

"Why can't you go anywhere else? What happened to you, to make us your last resort?"

"Because everything is gone! I have nothing left!" Tears threatened to fall, my voice cracking. "Are you happy now?"

"What do you mean everything is gone?" He asked, his voice softer now.

"My family is gone, Noah. I can't go back anywhere else because it's all gone."

*~*~*~*

You guys are amazing! I woke up this morning to six more votes! That made my day so much. Yall don't even know!

So I thought I would update to show my appreciation. Enjoy! ;)