Chapter 6

"Gabby!" I heard my name down the hall. I knew who it was and I wasn't going to stop for him. "Gabby!" He repeated as he caught up to me. He grabbed my arm, twisting me around. "Gabby." Noah said, looking at my blank expression.

He's been trying to talk to me since that day in the backyard. I had avoided him as much as possible. I can't deal with him. Why he's been so adamant to talking to me, I have no idea.

"What do you want, Noah? I'm going to be late." I pulled my arm from his grip, walking towards my next class.

"I wanted to apologize about the other day. I shouldn't have kissed you." He walked next to me, matching my strides.

"I don't know why you're trying to apologize when you've had no problem with everybody in this school calling me a whore."

"I'm trying to apologize, Gabriella, just accept it." He spoke through gritted teeth.

"You're obviously planning something and I'm not falling for it. Bye, Noah." I walked away, into my math class right as the bell rang. I sat in my seat next to Reese, letting out a sigh.

"What's wrong, doll face?" She gave me a concerned look, pouting at my sullen expression.

"Guys are so infuriating." I said, pulling at my hair. "I'm surrounded by guys all the time and they are horrible."

"You know what? You need a girls night. Lord knows you don't get a lot of those." She laughed, making me smile a little.

"I'll ask Diane, but I don't think she will mind." I pulled out my phone. The teacher was an older lady who sits behind her desk sleeping after she takes roll. I texted Diane and she replied with an 'okay' and telling me I can have two people over. "She said yes. It's Friday so you can come home with me after school."

"I'll drive! I just got a car for my birthday last month." Must be nice, I thought.

We talked through class, laughing here and there getting weird looks from our peers. When the bell rang, I left the class telling Reese I would meet her and Jane in the parking lot after school.

"So where are you going tonight?" Noah asked, coming up beside me. I rolled my eyes.

"Since when did that become any of your business?" I walked to my locker, putting up my books. I had free period next.

"It's not, I'm just curious. You've never been one to have plans." He smirked at me. I felt eyes on me and looked behind me. Alex and some girl were staring at me. Alex with a look of sadness on his face and the girl with a glare on her features. She was pretty, with tanned skin and dark hair. She was on the somewhat shorter side, like me, and she stood with an authority in the crowd.

"You don't know me, Noah. Don't act like you do." I sped up, heading toward the courtyard. I could use a nap.

Noah didn't follow me and when I glanced back he was talking to that girl that was glaring at me. She seems angry.

I sat up against a large oak tree, pulling out a book from my bag that I had to read for English. After a few minutes, a shadow cast over me and I looked up. It was the girl from before. She was standing with her hands on her hips, glaring.

"Can I help you?" I asked as she stood there.

"You can actually, stay away from Noah. He's mine so don't even bother trying anything with him." She smirked at me.

"So you're that girl, huh?"

"What's that supposed to mean?" Her face turned into a confused glare.

"The girl that thinks she can get any guy she wants to, the girl that thinks any guy who sleeps with her and looks at her the next day is in love with her."

She squatted down in front of me, glaring harder than before. "I'm not that girl or whatever the hell you were just going on about. Noah is mine and you can't change that."

"I don't care if you think Noah is yours or whatever. But you're probably nothing more than a good lay." A sharp sting shot through my cheek. I looked at the girl's hand, anger growing. I stood advancing toward her. "You can't just go around slapping people you just met."

"Don't tell me what to do, little girl. Not like you didn't deserve it." She stepped closer to me, her smirk growing. "Maybe the rumors are true. When are you going to stop lying to the school, Gabriella? The whole school knows you and trust me you won't make it much longer. You're probably a cowardly little girl."

My anger got the best of me, and I lunged at her. I've been in fights before and this won't be any different. We were rolling around on the ground, me having the upper hand. I reeled my fist back, letting it fall flat against her jaw. She cried out as my fist connected to her face again. I was lost in a frenzy of punches, not fully realizing I was being picked up. I fought against the grip of whoever was holding me. I looked up at the girl- who's name I still didn't know- and saw Alex holding her up. I turned my head slightly, seeing Noah holding me back from going at her.

I freed myself from his grip, trying to catch my breath. "Control your sex toy, Noah." I glared at the girl and spun around, leaving them in the courtroom as the bell rang.

I met up with Reese and Jane in the parking lot and we headed to the Webb house.

"You look like you just left a fight club." Jane stated from the back seat.

"I guess you could say that." They gave me confused glances, so I said, "I'll explain later."

Hopefully this will all blow over.

Who am I kidding? I haven't been very lucky since I moved here.