Chapter 24

Noah stared at me as I laughed, my eyes shutting. I was holding my sides and laughing so hard that no sound came out. Noah was staring at me.

"You think I'm going to believe that Angela went to my school, found the biggest bitch there, and told her about the fire- the complete opposite of what happened, might I add?" I said, once my laughter died down.

"I'm serious, Gabriella! I told you I didn't tell her! Call Angela if you don't believe me!" He pulled his phone out of his pocket, tossing it onto the bed beside me. I picked it up, moving it around in my hands. I looked at Noah, dropping the phone back on the bed.

"I've told you already, Noah. I can't believe you. Like, I physically can't. Not after everything." I looked away from him, the sadness in his eyes causing a pit in my stomach. He sat on the bed next to me, a bit too close for comfort.

"You have to believe me. What else can I do?" He asked, exasperated. I shrugged, looking at my feet.

"I don't know, Noah, I want to believe you, but it's hard." I made the mistake and looked into his eyes. He stared at me, his eyes searching.

"You have to, Gabby." He whispered.

"Why do I have to?"

"You just do, Gabby, please." His hand raised to my cheek, lightly grazing it. My heart sped up, my breathing shuttered.

"I'll try." I said simply. A grin spread across his face, lighting up his features. He's so handsome...

"You won't regret it, Gabby, I'll make sure of it." He said, standing and leaving the room.

I sighed, laying down on my bed. I mulled over what just happened, thinking of the feelings Noah caused within me.

Do I, maybe, possibly, have a crush on Noah Webb?

*~*~*~*

I was sitting with Reese at the lunch table. She was talking about some party that was being thrown while I was spaced out.

I can't have a crush on Noah. I can't.

"Gabby!" I was snapped back to reality. I looked at Reese who had an expectant look on her face. "So, will you?"

"Will I what?" She scoffed.

"I asked if you would come to the party tonight. It's Friday and we haven't done anything fun for a while. And, from your spacey-ness, I think you need it."

I smiled, "Yeah, sure. I don't see why not. I'll see you tonight?" I asked her as the bell rang. She nodded.

Leaving the cafeteria, I felt a hand grab my arm. I looked to the face, Noah's features registering in my mind. He smiled at me.

"I heard you're going to the party tonight?" He walked next to me down the corridor.

"I guess so. Reese asked and I could use a distraction." We walked down the hall a bit before some people started to whisper.

"Didn't you hear? That's the girl who killed her family." Some girl said to her friend.

"Didn't you hear? That's the girl who slept with that seventh grader last week." Noah said loudly. The girl turned red in the face.

"It was one time!" She said hurriedly.

"I never said you did more than once. Sounds to me like she has." he said, the hallway erupting in laughter.

"He told me he was sixteen!" She assured.

"The blonde hair dye she used must have messed with her eyesight." He smirked at her. She threw her hands in the air, storming into the bathroom. Her friend followed hurriedly after her.

"I normally don't condone bullying, but thank you for that." I told Noah, nudging his side.

"I wasn't bullying her. It was obviously true. If I hadn't said it, it would've been spread around soon anyway. This schools rumor mill is huge." He said.

The tardy bell rang then, making the leftover people in the hallways scatter to classrooms.

"I'll see you later, Gabby, I have to get to class before I get detention. You should, too." He winked, disappearing through a door. My face reddened.

Maybe I do have a small crush on Noah.

*~*~*~*

"Gabby!" I looked up from my book just in time to see Chase running at me. He jumped on the bed, bouncing. "It's been, like, forever!" He exclaimed.

"It sure has, buddy. Where have you been?" He looked at me with wide eyes.

"I had doctors appoint-a-ments and mommy made me go." He frowned at me. I laughed, ruffling his hair.

"Well, I have to get ready because I am going somewhere. But I will make sure to play Mario Kart with you tomorrow, okay?" He nodded excitedly, running from the room.

I stood from my bed, heading to the shower. After bathing and washing my hair, I stepped out and plugged in the straightener that was in the bathroom. I went into my room, rummaging through the closet for something to wear. The weather outside was warm, and I know the house we will be in will be extremely warm. I grabbed a pair of shorts and a red shirt.

By the time I was ready to go, Reese was in my driveway. I descended the stairs, sneaking out of the house without anyone noticing. I know Diane doesn't care where we go, but I don't feel like sitting through intense questioning.

"I have a feeling that this night will be great." Reese said as I got into the car. I looked out of the window for most of the ride.

I couldn't bring myself to agree with her.

*~*~*~*

Don't mind me passing through...

Well it seems like forever since I updated last and here one is!

Until next time my little bundles! :)

Vote. Comment. Share.