Chapter 17

"Wow." Noah said.

I was crying now, after telling the story. Nobody would say the right thing. They all sided with Angela.

"That bitch!" Noah suddenly exploded, causing me to jump a little in my seat. He stood from the bed, pacing the floor. "This butch is going to frame you for setting your own house on fire and then thinks she can come 'visit' after that? You went through fucking hell for two years!" He was almost yelling, and it was scaring me a little. "Why were you friends with that?"

I stood from the bed, walking to the door. "Please, Noah, I need some time alone." I looked at the floor, gesturing out the door.

He exhaled loudly, walking over to me. "I'm here for you, Gabby. And I won't tell anybody about this, ok?" I nodded. He left the room, closing the door. I sunk to the floor, tears falling again. I lifted my arm, looking at the scars I inflicted.

I can't let this happen again.

*~*~*~*

"Gabby!" I heard a voice shout down the corridor at school the next day. Turning around, I spotted Noah jogging towards me. I had been avoiding him and I think he knows it. "You've been avoiding me." He stated when he caught up to me. Yep, he knows.

"No I haven't. Why would you think that?" I asked, chuckling nervously.

"Well, ever since last night you haven't spoken to me. You didn't say anything to me this morning when I tried to talk to you. In fact, you ran off." He stepped in front of me, halting my walking. "Why have you been avoiding me?"

I shrugged, "I don't know..." I trailed off, looking everywhere but his face.

"You do know. Is this about what you told me last night?" He lowered his voice, looking straight at me. I saw some students milling around, some looking wile others didn't.

"I don't want to talk about that, Noah. Not here." I stepped around him, continuing my walk to lunch.

"When will you then, Gabby? You can't bottle up everything that happens to you!" He followed me.

"You know enough, Noah, I don't want to talk about it anymore." I turned to him, making him halt. "So, just leave it at that." I left him in the hallway, entering the cafeteria.

The walk to my normal table was a long one. It seemed as though every pair of eyes in the room were focused solely on me. I sat down, my head falling to my folded arms.

"What's got you down, sweet cheeks?" Dustin asked, sitting in the seat across from me.

"It's Monday, Dustin. Do you really have to ask?" Reese responded for me. I was glad for that.

"I'm really not about this school life." I looked up at my friends. "Mrs. Buchanan, my math teacher, is riding my ass about that stupid quadratic assignment." I complained. They both looked at me with wide eyes. "What?"

"That's the most we have heard you talk since you got here!" Reese exclaimed. Some people turned to look, causing Reese's cheeks to redden.

"Hey, Gabby!" I turned my head in the direction of my name. "I thought I would try your name out for size." Laura said, approaching our table. "And I prefer slut. Maybe even whore?" She smirked at me.

"You might want to leave before you receive a hit to those exploding sandbags of yours." I gestured to her chest- which is obviously implanted.

"I'm really tired of you, you little bitch." She turned, her hair flying exaggeratedly behind her. I rolled my eyes.

"She needs to be put in her place." Dustin deduced, going back to eating his salad. I sighed, mentally agreeing.

*~*~*~*

"Play Xbox with me?" I turned my head to the small voice, seeing a cheeky Chase standing next to me.

"You want to play Mario Kart, again?" He nodded, enthusiastically.

"We have not played in forever!" He exclaimed, his eyes widening slightly.

"Ok, Chase." I stood from my chair in the living room. He jumped in excitement, running towards the game room. He already had the game set up, waiting for me, when I got there. "Get ready to lose, little one!" I dropped into the large bean bag chair, grabbing the controller.

Ten rounds later, I had won some while letting Chase win others. A knock on the door caused me to pause the game, and Chase to groan. Alex stepped into the room.

"Gabby, can I talk to you?" He looked around the room slightly awkwardly.

"No! I was about to win!" Chase exclaimed before I could say anything.

"It's ok, Chase. I'll play with you later." I promised, standing from the bean bag chair. I followed Alex into the hallway. "What is it?"

"I wanted to see how you were doing? I don't know exactly what happened but I know it affected you pretty big. Are you okay?" I smiled at his concern.

"I'm fine, Alex, really. It was just my past catching up to me, I guess." He nodded.

"I just wanted to make sure. You know I care about you, right? I mean, how could I not? You're gorgeous- but you probably know that. You've been this quiet storm since you moved here. And I can't help that I wish you liked me more than Noah but I can't and I probably never will be able to change your mind." He rambled. He stared at me, wide eyed. "So, yeah.. I'm gonna, um, go now." He turned and walked down the hallway. I waited for him to go around the corner before bursting into giggles. Alex is adorable.

"Gabby, can you come down here?" Diane shouted from the foyer. I descended the stairs, a smile from the previous interaction with Alex still on my face.

"Yes?" I called, halfway down the stairs. I didn't hear a response to which I normally did. When I reached the bottom, I looked at the group of people standing in the foyer. My heart stopped, the smile wiping from my face. No.

"Gabby!" She shouted, extending her arms.

"Angela." I breathed. Her smile was wide, her arms wrapping around my body. I couldn't breath.

*~*~*~*

Well hello there Angela...

And hello there, my little bundles! I am so immensely happy with how this story is spreading. This book is my escape from that thing called life and I'm so happy to have my readers be a part of it!

Another chapter will be up soon, but, until then my little bundles :)

Vote. Comment. Share.