Chapter 21

"Gabby?" I turned my head, spotting Alex in the doorway to my room. I was at my desk, working on the assignments I missed yesterday. I smiled at him.

"Hey, come in." He walked over to me, leaning on the wall next to me. "What's up?"

"I wanted to see how you were doing. I haven't talked to you in a while and the events of yesterday were probably hard for you." He said, smiling sympathetically.

"I'm fine, don't worry. I just want to forget it." Even if the rest of the population doesn't. "That doesn't seem to be the only reason you're in here." I trailed off.

"I, uh, actually wanted to ask you something." He cleared his throat, fidgeting in place. "I was w-wondering if you wanted... to go out.... sometime?" He looked at the ground adorably. I thought about it.

"I don't see why not." I smiled at him. Why not? Because you would rather have Noah ask you out.

Wait- what? I did not just think that. No possible way.

"Great!" He cleared his throat. "Uh- great. Yeah. So, Friday, then?" I nodded, smiling. He backed up to leave my room, bumping into my standing lamp in the process. "Oh! I-uh-I'm sorry!" His face blazed red as he left my room.

I shook my head, smiling.

"So, you and Alex, then?" Noah asked, coming into my room. I rolled my eyes, the smile dropping from my face. I went back to the work I had to finish. "So you won't even talk to me?" He asked, sadness- I mean fake sadness- lacing his tone.

"Not after what happened. It's not good for my health." I faked a cough for good measure.

"Gabby, I wouldn't do that to you! If I did that, then why would I be here, right now, trying to fix it?" He squatted next to my chair, looking at my eyes. His eyes were so hazel...

Stop it, Gabby, he's not trustworthy.

"I don't know, why would you tell the entire school that I was a whore before I could even get through a day?" I snapped at him. "And I can do what I want, Noah."

"Fine, if you won't believe me about not telling her, then believe me when I say that you shouldn't go out with Alex." He said, standing from his crouched position.

"And why not?"

"He's using you, Gabby." He said, looking in my eyes.

"He's your brother, Noah! Why would you say that?" I hissed. The audacity..

"Yeah, he's my brother- which is how I know he's using you!" I stood.

"So, what are you saying? A guy can't like me for me? They have to want sex and that's it?" I asked incredulously.

"That's not what I meant, Gabriella! You know I don't think that!"

"I actually don't know because, you spread it around the whole school that I was some easy whore!" I shouted at him.

"I didn't mean that! I said it before I knew you!" He shouted desperately.

"So that's supposed to make a difference? That makes it worse! It says a lot about your character, Noah, and it doesn't say good things." I grabbed my jacket, and walked out of my room.

"Where are you going?" He shouted.

"Away from you!" I shouted, jogging down the stairs. I walked through the front door, the cool spring air chilling my arms. I slid my jacket on.

"Gabby?" I turned around, sighing. How many people are going to talk to me? I spotted James sitting on the porch swing, swaying. "Are you okay?" I sighed, shaking my head. "Do you want to talk about it?" I shook my head, crossing my arms and looking down at the ground.

Then, I exploded. "He's just so infuriating! He can't control me! He says that's not what he means, but he goes and tells me that Alex only wants to go out with me to have sex with me! Like, what the fudge nuggets? The audacity of that boy!" James watched me walk over to the swing. I plopped into the spot beside him, breathing heavily from my mini-rant.

"He's jealous." James said simply.

I scoffed, "Why would he, of all people, be jealous?"

"You can't be that clueless, Gabby." I looked at him blankly. "He obviously likes you!" He exclaimed. I looked at him for a second, before bursting into laughter. I held my sides, loud laughter erupting from my mouth. My laughter slowed to occasional chuckles.

"Thank you for that, James, I haven't laughed like that in quite a while." I told him, smiling. He stared at me, his serious expression unwavering.

"He cares about you a lot, Gabby. He wouldn't care so much if he didn't have feelings for you! And, why else would he have tried to stop the rumors at school?" He raised an eyebrow at me.

"He didn't stop them- he started them!" I exclaimed.

"The other day when I was late leaving class, I saw him standing with some jocks. He seemed pretty mad and from where I was standing I faintly heard him tell them to leave you alone. Quite forcefully."

I tried to process what James was saying. Why would he do that? Literally, days before telling the biggest bitch in school the one thing I trusted him with.

"I can't believe that, James. Not after everything he has done." I shook my head, looking around the front yard.

"I will agree with him on one thing, though." James said. I rose an eyebrow in question. "Alex is using you. I know he doesn't seem like the type, but he is a huge player." James said, walking into the house, leaving me in the yard.

I mulled over the things that have happened today. Could James be telling the truth- about all of it?

There's really only one way to find out..

*~*~*~*

What's up, buddies?? You guys are probably the best thing ever! *whispers* maybe even better than Netflix..

Lol jk you're better than actual society but I love me some Netflix.

I hope you all enjoy this chapter!

Until next time my little bundles! :)

Vote. Comment. Share.