Chapter 22

"What is up with you lately?" Reese asked, sliding into her desk next to mine. "You've been so spaced out and distant for the past few days."

"Well, if your life story was told to the entire school-the wrong way, I might add- then you would be distant, too." I told her, pulling out my school work. "Besides, having two friends distance themselves kind of makes you reciprocate." I told her.

"Dustin and Jane just had to wrap their heads around it. This town doesn't get much excitement. When it does, it's pretty shocking." She pulled out her class folder.

I sighed, "Not like I could've stopped Noah from telling her." I muttered. "I would have if I had thought he would tell her." I said bitterly.

"How do you even know Noah was the one that told Laura? He keeps telling you he didn't. Maybe he really didn't tell." She shrugged.

"Who else would have?"

"Well, if you were arrested, then it would've been on your record. Laura hates you enough, she might have done some research." She offered.

"She's not that smart, Reese." I deadpanned. The teacher passed out an assignment, explaining it as simply as she could.

"Well, believe it or not, I actually think Noah didn't do it. He's, like, in love with you. Why would he hurt you like that?"

"He doesn't like me like that!" I said, exasperated with everyone saying that.

"So dense." Reese muttered, shaking her head.

Could he?

*~*~*~*

"Hey, Gabby!" I turned around, spotting Alex jogging towards me. I was on my way to the courtyard. "What time would you want to go out?" He asked nervously. I noticed people watching, whispering to their friends. Alex noticed, too.

"You said Friday, right?" He nodded. "Depends on what you have planned." I said, nudging his arm. He chuckled, running the back of his neck.

"Well, I don't want to tell you, so I will see you at 7?" I nodded, smiling wide.

"That sounds great." Alex, smiled goofily.

"Well, I'll see you later, Gabby! I have to get to class." He said, pouting. I laughed.

"Later, Alex." He turned, walking down the hallway. I smiled, continuing my walk to the courtyard. I stopped at the bathroom first.

"You really do live up to the rumors, don't you?" I jumped slightly, turning the water faucet off. I turned, Laura and her cronies standing a few feet away. "First Noah, and now Alex? You already live with them- you have to date them, too?" She said dramatically.

"I never dated Noah." You want to..

My mind needs to shut its lying mouth..

"Whatever. Just back off from the Webb boys. They are way too good for trash like you." She sneered.

I stared at her for a minute before laughter erupted from my mouth. "You- and I- and tr-" I tried to speak, but my laughter was drowning it out. Once my laughter died down, I sighed, wiping the tears from the corners of my eyes.

I could picture a cartoon Laura with smoke clouds puffing from her ears. Her face was red, and her fists were clenched. "You have the audacity to call me trash? I'm sure every girl you have ever spoken to- other than your ever loyal minions- will agree that you are the piece of trash on the side of the rode that not even the prisoners doing community service, won't pick up." I stepped closer to her. She lifted her chin, trying to seem high and mighty. "You don't have a hold over me. You thought you did, but I won't let you." A slow, evil smirk spread across her face.

"You can call me trash, little girl, but I know the one thing I can call you, that you can't call me." She leaned down to my ear, whispering, "Murderer."

My body froze, anger seeping through my system. I clenched my fist, watching Laura turn towards the door. My anger overtook me, gaining control. I grabbed the back of her head, yanking her back by her hair. I pulled her down to the ground, straddling her. My fist flew back, slamming down in her face. I only saw red, my anger consuming my mind. I was tired of her shit.

Before I knew it, I was being yanked off of her, and held back. I didn't fight whoever it was that was holding me. I looked down, Laura sitting up. Her eye was already swelling, her nose dripping blood. I yanked myself free of whoever was holding me, storming from the bathroom. I took a glance at who pulled me off of Laura, mentally cursing.

The principal motioned for me to follow him, walking down the hallway. I sighed, following behind him.

*~*~*~*

In the almost three months of being here, I haven't been to the principals office. I sat in the brown chair, Laura crying hysterically in the chair next to me.

"She attacked me! I went to use the bathroom, an-and she jumped me, sir! She should be expelled!" Laura screamed. I scoffed.

"I did not attack her! I was washing my hands and she came in there, throwing insults at me!" The principal- whose name I still didn't know- sighed.

"It doesn't matter who started it. Fighting is forbidden here and will not be tolerated. You are both great students and it saddens me to tell you this. One week suspension. Effective immediately." I groaned, standing from the chair. I left the room, heading to my locker. I pulled my bag out, slamming it shut. Laura walked behind me, shoving me against the locker. I sighed, walking out of the school. The parking lot was mostly empty, save for a single motorcycle. Noah was leaning against it, his arms crossed on his chest.

"Where's Alex?" I asked him as I approached him.

"He had to get the twins home. I told him I would drive you." I nodded. "Why were you late?"

"I got suspended." I sighed.

"How did you manage that?" He asked, shocked.

"I kicked Laura's ass." I shrugged. Noah laughed, straddling his motorcycle. He handed me his helmet, gesturing to the spot behind him. I sighed, hopping on to the motorcycle.

"Hold on, babe." Before I could protest his use of the word 'babe', he sped off down the road.

This is going to be a long week...

*~*~*~*

Let me know what you guys think!

Until next time my little bundles!

Vote. Comment. Share.