: Ten

10

┊ ⇄ ◁ ◁ II ▷ ▷ ↻ ┊ 

It's unusually chilly tonight or it was just because of the fact that Jay's carrying her on his back? She hid her embarrassment, burying her reddening face on his back.  It was all silence between the two. The tranquility of the night made everything delicate.

Her arms are wrapped around his neck, leaning on his back, hearing his shallow breaths as he carried her. She decided to go home after the long check up from the hospital, it's not that actually serious but the doctor prescribed her a medicine.

"Are you sure that I'm not heavy?" She asked for who knows how many times already. 

She heard Jay sighed at her never-ending question about her weight but she's just conscious about herself.

"No." As she heard his monotonous voice, she decided to shut her mouth.

Haru already felt better than earlier. She can move her arms and feet easier even though they're a little bit heavy and sore. She told Jay that she can walk on herself but he take no answers from her and just carried her in his broad back.

Jay didn't mind the girl on his back when he's one of the reason why she's like that. His worried face might not be visible but his actions says it all.

He felt some tap on his shoulder and asked, "What is it?"

Her arms move away and pointed at the vending machine near them. Knowing what her action means, he walked towards the near bench and let Haru sit on it. He stood up straight and walked away not waiting for her to talk.

Haru sighed and pulled her sweater much closer to her body, it's still cold. She looked down and saw a bunch of fallen rotten leaves.

'It's.. still pretty.' She thought, moving her feet below messing the leaves and how brittle it could be.

A feet came near hers, she looked up saw Jay holding a cup of hot mocha on his hand and on  the other is his favorite strange drink. He handed the drink to her carefully, avoiding to scald her hands.

Haru accepted it with a smile visible on her face. She waited for it to cool down a little bit and took a plenty sips that gives satisfaction on her taste. Jay sat on her side, not too close or far away, just maintaining his distance to her.

She didn't met his gaze even once and she didn't have a courage after what happened earlier. No one initiated to talk, who knows on what's going on inside their minds. 

After drinking the whole cup of it, she stood and turned a little bit to see if she can walk properly. 

"See?" She exclaimed turning her back to him. She hummed, waiting for the response of Jay. Jay stood up and threw the cup in the trash, he just walked until he reached in front of her. 

He didn't stop nor look back but continued walking forward. Haru lowered her head, already expecting it. She forced a smile on her face and catches up to him, walking at his side.