: Fourteen

14

┊ ⇄ ◁ ◁ II ▷ ▷ ↻ ┊

"Uncle! What should I do?!" A 6 year old Haru panics as she approaches Mahon Jo. Tears are brimming out on her eyes, she can't find the correct words she wanted to say. Mahon Jo crouched down, facing her crying face. He held her hands like his own daughter, trying to calm her down.

He patted her back until she finally stopped crying, "What's wrong, Haru?" 

"I hab a fight with Jay, I think he's really angry.." She tried her best to muttered out with her snotty nose. Mahon pulled out a handkerchief from his pocket, damping it gently on her swollen eyes.

Haru told him everything on what happened between the two of them but Mahon Jo just smiled at her, "What did I tell you, Haru?"

She sniffed as she averted her eyes, eyeing the ground. She continued fiddling her fingers as she tried to remember what he said back then. "Ah! That commu--nition (communication) solves everything?" Her nose scrunched up as she tried to muttered out the difficult word but it's always getting twisted on her tongue.

"That's right! Now, don't run away again and talk to him.." He patted her messy hair, trying to fix it. Haru rubbed her eyes to wipe the tears away and smiled at him, "Thank you, Uncle!" 

Haru ran away and quickly went where the little Jay is. She huffed while running, sweats dripped down on her chin but the exhaustion she's feeling didn't stop her from running towards where he is.

She arrived at the play ground, seeing Jay sitting down on the ground holding a stick like he's writing something. She slowly walked towards him, planning to surprise him but she remembered that she did something bad to him.

She approached his back and saw what he's writing.

"I'M SORRY, HARU." written in bold letters.

Her eyes widen and as she approached more near him, her shadow loomed over and Jay noticed it. Jay quickly looked back and saw her pouting face staring at him, he sweat drops and tried to hide what he written in his back by spreading his small arms.

"Why.. are you looking at me like that?" Jay asked her. 

Haru tried to contain her tears but still, tears started to flow. "I'm sorryyy!" She jumped out to hug him but he got those dodging skills. 

"Then.. become my Haru." Jay who experienced a feeling with someone who's always on his side besides his uncle, someone who can understand and bring out him being a kid. 

Haru sniffed and stared at him questioningly, "..Yeah, I'm Haru?" 

"Just promise me that.." He held out his pinky to her. Haru just complied and follows what he did, intertwining their pinkies.

"Okay!" 

.

.

.

.

.

.

"So, this is where they are." Mahon sighed as he picked up the two child sleeping under the tree, holding hands. They look messy, many dirt and leaves clung on their body but Mahon didn't mind and just smiled.