: Thirty-nine

39

┊ ⇄ ◁ ◁ II ▷ ▷ ↻ ┊

No words came out⁠— his lips are sealed tight. His throat feels so dry, making him unable to say all things he wanted to say.

He already considered all of the possibilities that may happen to her, yet his heart was not prepared for it.

Owen remembered all the moments— everything with her. She embraced him into her life. It was a blissful moment where he almost couldn't help but feel euphoric all the time.

"Ah! Wh- are you crying?!", She stumbled on her words.

Her face was flushed with fear as she saw tears pouring down his face. She attempted to move, but her body still remains too frail to function.

It was strange, yet something inside her was being uncomfortable seeing him like that rather than his usual self.

There was no response from him; he seemed to be in daze. His eyes were hollow and out of focus. He's likely unaware of how concerned she was.

At the sudden moment, Yuki came inside the room.

He was enraged. His eyebrows were furrowed as he marched right where they are.

She barely woke up and he's already causing her distress.

Yuki tugged up the blonde's collar and clenched his teeth when he didn't respond to his violent actions.

"I'll borrow him for a while.", He dragged Owen out of the room leaving her confused.

Realization hits her when she became aware on her surroundings. It was the room where she was staying back then whenever her body was having a difficulty.

'Why?'

The last time she remembered in her memory was the day that Owen was staying at her apartment. How comes she was here?

Anxiety crept up.

Their strange behavior towards her was constantly upsetting her. Did she overlook something? Or did something happen?

After a few more thoughts, Owen came back alone.

His lips drew a soft line, and his eyes curled gently as he approached her. His appearance was different than it had been previously.

She felt relaxed after seeing him okay.

Was he really?

"I apologize. I'm just glad you woke up.", He sat at the seat on the side of the bed.

Haru returned the smile he was giving to her. She wasn't sure on how to start a conversation with him because of what had just happened earlier.

How did she talk with him before?

"Are you okay?", Those were the only words she could utter.

Her mind had stopped working. That was all she could say.

At that moment, her eyes caught his smile faltering for a second, yet still manage to do so. He was hurting all along.

"Of course.", His low-pitched voice reached her ears.

She could feel his gaze on her. It was full of longing and sadness that he couldn't blatantly show.

The creaking of the door snapped both of them from the silence they were giving to each other.