: Forty

40

┊ ⇄ ◁ ◁ II ▷ ▷ ↻ ┊

It was a day where the sun shone vividly below without any clouds hindering the way. Regardless of how bright it was outside, the cold still lingered with the breeze.

The amusement park was crowded. People are having a good time, with joy and enthusiasm plastered on their faces.

'Hm?', She held her temple.

A sudden flick of pain was felt on her head. She discreetly hid the pain by putting up a smile on her face and acting as if nothing happened.

She turned around and saw Owen gazing at her with his brows furrowed. It was happening again.

Owen couldn't help but get concerned on the constant pain she felt on these past few days. He recognized it as it's the side effect of the medication she was consuming.

There's nothing he could do to alleviate the pain she was having. It was difficult for both of them. They are constantly more concerned with each other than with their own selves.

"Don't hide what you're feeling, okay?", The tone of his voice was compressed.

It held an authority, which she knew that he was only worried for her. She hated this situation. Because of her condition, all she could offer him was worry and anxiety.

She, like him, was afraid.

"I'm fine. Let's go over there!", Her lips drew a smile.

Her hand was pointing to a nearby ride. It was the bump cars, which definitely had a long line before you could ride one.

Owen's eyes hinted fear, that went unnoticed to her. His grip tightened on the bag he was holding. He took a deep breathe before giving out a faltering smile.

"Let's go."

He held her small, rough hand in his. Her hand was cold. It seeped through his large warm hand, as though transferring the coldness to him.

His eyes were drawn to her. He watched how her eyes glistened as she spotted the bump cards moving with people riding on it.

"This will be my first try riding this.", She stated with excitement in her voice.

He chuckled on her statement, even if somewhere inside him was constantly hurting. He knew she wasn't aware on what was happening.

It was already her third time riding the bump cars with him.

"Hello again, ma'am! You're here again to—" The staff was halted from saying anything further.

The blonde in front of the staff was shielding a woman's ears beside him who's confused. His face was stern, but it gradually softened into his casual smile.

He winked at the female staff, who squealed. She'll probably going to shut her mouth right now.

"What was that?", Haru asked her lover who's in front of her.

It made her confused when her ears were covered by his large hands.

"I just thought that your ears might be freezing.", He made an excused.

It was a smooth lie that she didn't ask him furthermore questions. He was glad that the place was noisy due to the people who were chattering.

"Is that so.", A blush crept up on her cheeks.