Chapter 114

A/N: Okay, here we go...I found these next two chapters really hard to write, so that I hope you like them. Some of you definitely won't, but just remember that you asked for drama. xx
***
Chris walked blindly back to the soundstage, thoughts circling his head.
Is that why she didn't tell her parents about me?
Or introduce me to her friends?
He couldn't help remembering the time he'd suggested joining Becs and her friends for drinks, and she'd said it was a girls' night. He'd been suspicious at the time of her reaction.
Now I know why.
He made his way towards the set, where the others were gathering to restart the scene. He could see Rob and Hemsworth looking at him curiously, and Scar was walking over too.
Please don't ask. I don't want to talk about it. About her. I just want to get this done.
Rob looked around. 'You forget something, Dorito?'
Chris ignored the question. 'Are we gonna get started, then?' He asked tersely.
'Where's your girl?' Hemsworth asked. 'Didn't you just go to get her?'
Oh, fuck off! She's not my girl.
And not just because of him - turns out she never was.
'How many times have I told you not to fucking call her that?' He snapped back, louder than he meant to.
'All right mate, calm down!' Hemsworth frowned at him. 'Just a joke.'
'Sorry.' Chris muttered.
'Hemsworth - stop winding him up.' Rob said. 'But seriously Dorito, where is she?' He continued.
He gritted his teeth in annoyance, just as Scarlett came over.
'Hey. Where's Becs?' She asked. 'Is she here?'
'Do you see her here?' He snapped crossly.
She raised her eyebrows at his tone.
'Sorry.' He mumbled.
'But what-' Scarlett began.
'Let's just get on with this.' He stalked away from them and onto the set.
'What the fuck's up with him this morning?' Hemsworth asked before walking off himself, leaving Rob and Scarlett.
'What indeed.' Rob said.
'Do you think they've had a fight or something?' Scarlett speculated.
'Well, not to state the obvious, but something's happened.' Rob pointed out. 'Did you get anything out of him earlier?'
'No. He wouldn't talk about it.'
Before they could discuss it further, Zac came back onto the soundstage.
'Have either of you seen Chris?' He asked.
Rob nodded his head in Chris's direction.
'Oh.' Zac said, looking confused. 'I thought he went to collect his guests.'
'He did.'
'But I've just had a call from Administration to say that they're still waiting - no one's been to get them.' Zac told them.
Scarlett frowned. 'What, did he just leave them there?'
'I'll just ask him what's going on.' Zac said, stepping forward.
'I wouldn't advise that kid.' Rob said kindly. 'You may not have noticed, but he's not in the best of moods today.'
'But, what should I do? Should I go and get them? Should I not?' Zac asked, obviously not wanting to upset his boss.
'I'll go and get them.' Scarlett said to Zac. 'It'll give me a chance to talk to Becs, see if she knows anything.' She added to Rob.
Rob nodded. 'I gotta go.' He said, seeing the director gesturing to him. 'Duty calls.'

Becca looked at the clock for the umpteenth time - waiting around this long was not making her nerves any better.
I'm sure it doesn't mean anything. They're probably just really busy.
She tried to reassure herself, but it wasn't helping.
'Is this a bad sign, Viv?' She couldn't help herself from asking.
'No, of course not. I'm sure they're just busy.' Viv replied.
'Yeah.'
But, they must have loads of assistants and runners - they can't all be busy.
Unless he's changed his mind...
'Hey there!' A woman's voice cut through Becca's thoughts, and she looked up to see Scarlett.
'Oh...hello.' Becca said, surprised. 'I was expecting to see Zac or a runner or something.' She added, worried that she'd sounded rude.
'Well, I wasn't doing anything - I've been waiting around to film my scene because the previous one's running over, so I thought I'd come and get you.' Scarlett said.
Oh, is that all it is? They're running late?
'See, I told you it was nothing to worry about.' Viv said to her.
'Oh, sorry.' Becca realised that she hadn't introduced Viv. 'Viv this is Scarlett, Scarlett this is Viv, one of my best friends.'
'Hello.' Scarlett said with a warm smile. 'Nice to meet you.'
'You too.' Viv said, looking slightly shell-shocked.
'Right, shall we get you going?' Scarlett asked. 'Thanks.' She added to Carol.
'The soundstage is just a short way.' Scarlett explained as they walked. 'The main thing to remember when you're in there is to be as silent as you possibly can while they're recording.'
Becca nodded.
'You can talk or whatever between takes.' Scarlett added.
'Okay.'
'Umm...Becs? I have to ask - nothing's happened has it? You and Chris haven't had an argument or something?' Scarlett asked after a minute.
'No. Why?'
'Oh, no reason.' Scarlett plastered a smile on her face.
Becca's gut twisted.
You don't ask that for no reason.
'Scarlett?' She asked, suspiciously.
'I'm sure it's nothing - Chris's just in a weird mood today, is all.'
Weird like anxious?
But Scarlett knows that he gets anxious, so it wouldn't be that.
'Weird, how?'
The same sort of weird mood he was in yesterday?
'He's just a bit grumpy. I'd wondered if you'd had a fall-out or something, but if you haven't then maybe he's just having an off-day.' Scarlett shrugged.
'I'm sure he'll cheer up when he sees you.' She added.
I hope so.
'Here we are.' Scarlett said, opening a door with 'Soundstage 1' on it and a red light illuminated.
'The red light means they're filming right now, so we can't go into the main area, but there's a viewing room we can wait in if you'd like to watch what they're doing?'
'Yeah, that'd be great.' Becca said.
Scarlett led them into a large room, and over to a wall of windows.
'That's the set down there.' She pointed.
Wow.
Spread out below them was an enormous soundstage with cameras and various bits of electronic equipment, and loads of people, all standing still and silent while the filming went on. But what really drew her eye was the actual set - she could see Robert and Mark Ruffalo moving from computer to computer in a very hi-tech looking setup.
I can't believe I'm watching an actual Marvel movie being filmed.
'Whoa.' Viv whispered beside her. 'That's Robert Downey Jr.'
'I know.' Becca whispered back.
'It's okay, you can talk normally.' Scarlett said. 'All these rooms are soundproofed, so we won't disturb the recording.'
'Ah, okay.' Becca said, turning to smile at her.
Scarlett gestured with her head to the windows. 'You're missing it.' She said.
Becca looked back and gasped a little as Chris had come onto the set as Steve Rogers, complete with the Captain America suit.
God, he looks good in that suit!
She wished that she could hear what was happening - it seemed to be some kind of argument because everyone looked cross, especially Chris.
'First time you've seen him in the suit?' Scarlett asked her when she couldn't take her eyes off Chris.
Am I that obvious?
'Yeah. Well, first time in real life.'
'Wears it well, doesn't he?' Scarlett chuckled.
Becca felt herself blushing, but was saved from having to reply by the red lights going off.
'Ah, they've finished shooting, we can go down now.' Scarlett said.
Becca took a deep breath.
Okay, here we go.
You can do this.

A Chance Meeting | Chris EvansOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara