Chapter 87

A/N: First of all, thank you to everyone who answered the question about the story's ending. I was absolutely blown away by all the positive feedback that I got 🥰🥰. The vast majority of you wanted the original, longer ending which surprised me - I thought that after 86 chapters you'd all be like 'just finish it!' 🤣  So, I'll put my thinking cap on, but in the meantime, I've got a couple more chapters before the drama starts 😉
****

'Mom, Becs is going to stay over.' Chris said with a grin, as they walked back into the lounge.
'As long as that's okay with you.' Becca checked with Lisa.
Lisa smiled. 'Well that's wonderful, but we may need to rethink the sleeping arrangements.'
'What do you mean?'
'Well, all the bedrooms were taken, so someone'll have to double up.' Lisa explained.
'Oh, I don't want to put people out.' Becca started to backtrack.
'Don't worry, she can just bunk down with me.' Chris said.
Excuse me? Do what?
'There's a huge couch in my room. It'll be like when you had sleepovers as a kid.' He said to Becca.
Okay. Just give me a minute to restart my heart.
'If you're okay with that?' He asked.
'Err... I guess.'
'Who's getting the bed?' Scotty asked.
'Hmm, good question.' Chris grinned. 'I'll play you for it.' He said to Becca, holding out both his hands, palms up.
She blinked at him. 'You want me to play Slaps with you?'
'Yeah.' He grinned.
'Ha ha. No.' She laughed. 'I saw the way you two did it earlier, and I think I prefer my fingers unbroken, thanks all the same.'
He laughed. 'I wouldn't do that - I'll be gentle with you.'
Oh my goodness, is he trying to give me palpitations?
'Thanks, but no. I'm fine with the couch.' Becca said, feeling a little flustered.
Chris chuckled. 'You can have the bed, I was going to let you win anyhow. I wouldn't let you sleep on the couch.'
Becca smiled. 'Thanks.'
'I'll go and make up the sofa then.' Lisa said. 'Chris, can you get Becs a drink?'
'Sure.'
'It's okay, I'm going anyway, I'll do it.' Scotty said, getting up.

Becca followed Scotty through to the kitchen.
'Take a seat.' He said, pointing to the stools next to the island.
'Okay.' He continued, opening the fridge. 'We have...orange juice, grape juice, diet coke, beer, Chardonnay, or I'm going to make me and Nick some frozen Margaritas, if you'd like one.'
'I think I'll just go with the diet coke, please.'
He passed her a can. 'Sure I can't tempt you into a frozen Margarita?' He said, waving a bottle of tequila in front of her.
Becca laughed. 'No thanks, I'm not a big fan of tequila.'
'Ah, bit strong for you?'
'No, it's not that. I'm not keen on the taste. I'm more of a Jack Daniels girl.'
Scotty raised his eyebrows at her. 'You drink whiskey?'
'Yes.'
'I'm pretty sure we've got a bottle of it somewhere.' He said. 'Want me to look?'
'Maybe later.' Becca said and opened the can.
'Hey there. What're you making?' Carly asked Scotty.
'Hey.' She said, smiling at Becca.
'Where'd you disappear off to? I haven't seen you since before dinner.' He asked.
'I threw up half my body weight and then I had a nap.' Carly said.
'Gross.' Scotty said, pulling a face.
'Yeah? Try living it.' Carly replied.
Becca smiled to herself, amused at their banter.
'You're looking a lot better now.' Becca said.
'I'm feeling a lot better. It's always easier in the evenings.' Carly said. 'So, what'd I miss? Anything happen?'
'Err...Chris had a freak out.' He said.
Carly obviously gave Scotty a 'shut up' look.
'It's okay, Becs knows all about it.' He explained.
'It wasn't really that bad.' Becca said. 'I've seen him a lot worse.'
'At my show?' Scotty asked.
Becca nodded.
'Near-on panic attack, just before he went to South Korea.' Scotty explained to Carly.
'So what set him off?' Carly asked.
'The usual - you know Chris, obsessing about something and nothing.' Scotty said. 'Luckily Becs seems to be very good at talking him down off the ledge.'
'I didn't really do anything, I just gave him a hug.' Becca said.
'Well you definitely seem to have a way about you - Ethan likes you, and you have no idea how rare it is for him to take to a stranger like that.' Carly said.
'He's a nice kid.'
'Yeah, I think so, but I'm biased.' Carly said with a smile.
'You're good with kids.' Carly continued. 'Have you got nieces and nephews?'
'No, unfortunately not. I'm an only child and so are both my parents, so it's a really small family. But I see a lot of kids at work.' Becca said. 'At the library.' She added.
'Right, it's margarita time.' Scotty said as he picked up two glasses and a pitcher of frozen margarita. 'Coming back, Becs?'
'Sure.'