Chapter 66

9.14am

Chris 🤪
Good morning 😁

Becs📚Awww, that's so cute 😍 he looks like he's wearing a hoodie! 😆

Becs📚
Awww, that's so cute 😍 he looks like he's wearing a hoodie! 😆

Becs📚
But aren't you meant to be at your photo shoot?

Chris 🤪
There now, just taking a break

Becs📚
How's it going? Have they asked you to do anything stupid yet?

Chris 🤪
The guys all in tuxedos and the ladies are in evening gowns - they've got a James Bond thing going on. There's even a casino set up for the photos

Becs📚
That's so cool! I love Bond.

Becs
"The name's Bond, James Bond." 🤵

Becs📚
"Vodka martini, shaken not stirred." 🍸

Chris 🤪
Are you amusing yourself?

Becs📚
I am actually 😁

Chris 🤪
😆

Becs📚
So, I've been thinking about what you said yesterday...

Chris 🤪
Which bit?

Becs📚
The bit about just biting the bullet and doing something rather than putting it off...

Becs📚
And I think maybe you're right

Chris 🤪
I am very wise 😉

Becs📚
😆

Becs📚
It's like taking off a plaster - if you peel it off slowly, it just hurts more. You need to just yank it off

Chris 🤪
O-kay

Becs📚
So, I'm ready to do that

Chris 🤪
You're going to come and meet everyone? For real?

Becs📚
Yes, but with a couple of conditions

Chris 🤪
What?

Becs📚
Can the first time I meet them NOT be on set? If I meet them when they're in character or wearing their costumes, it'll just be too much. I mean, I haven't even seen you in character yet, and that'll be weird enough.

Chris 🤪
Okay. We can probably do that

Becs📚
I just think I'll be less likely to freak out if it's at a bar or something a bit more normal

Chris 🤪
Sure. Might be harder to get everyone's schedules lined up if it's off set though...

Becs📚
Well, that's the other thing - I'd actually prefer if it wasn't everyone all at once. How about just a small group to start with?

Chris 🤪
How small? Because Rob will NOT be happy if he's not invited

Becs📚
Umm... I dunno, maybe five or six? I could probably handle that

Chris 🤪
I'll talk to them. Gotta go now - break's over.

Becs📚
Okay, bye

****

10.00am

'Thank God that's done!' Renner said, yanking off his bow tie and stuffing it in his pocket.
Scarlett slipped off her heels and carried them. 'I'm so looking forward to a hot bath and a very large glass of wine.'
'At ten in the morning?' Asked Chris.
'All right, Steve.' Scarlett joked.
Chris laughed.
'Well, you're definitely in a much better mood today.' Ruffalo pointed out.
'Yeah, well, it's good to be home again.' Chris said.
'Home? Yeah right, I think we all know why you're really in such a good mood.' Hemsworth pointed out with a chuckle.
'And how is Becs?' Asked Rob, grinning.
Chris felt himself blush a little.
'She's fine.'
'Aww, is he blushing?' Asked Renner, grabbing his cheeks and squeezing, making the others laugh.
'Cut it out.' He said good naturedly, swatting Renner's hands away. 'You guys can't do this when you meet her.' He added more seriously.
'We won't.' Said Renner.
'I mean it.' Chris added.
'Relax dorito, we'll be on our best behaviour.' Rob said.
'Good. Because you can't mess this up for me.'
'It'll be fine.' Scarlett said.
'You know, maybe I should be the one to arrange this meeting...' Chris said to Rob.
'No, no, I'm the captain of this ship, I'll arrange something - you just leave it with me.' Rob insisted.
'Okay, but remember, she doesn't want-'
'Nothing flashy, just low-key and relaxed, I know.' Said Rob. 'You've told me about ten times.'
'Sorry.'
'Don't worry about it. Well, I've got a lot to arrange - later people!' Rob said, walking out.
Chris fell into step with Scarlett and Renner as they left.
'It's not a horrible mistake to let Rob organise this, is it?' He asked.
She smiled warmly at him. 'Not at all, you know he's great at that sort of thing. He'll sort out the perfect evening.'
Chris nodded.
'So, have you seen her since you got back?' Scarlett asked.
'I dropped by her place on my way back from the airport. But I haven't seen her since - she's been busy with work and stuff.'
'What?' He added, seeing the look that passed between Scarlett's and Renner.
'The way back from the airport?' Renner asked. 'Before you went home? Or slept?'
'Yeah. Why? What's wrong with that?' He asked. 'Does that seem too clingy?'
'No, it's just...'
'What?' Chris asked.
'Well, you weren't exactly looking your best after the flight.' Scarlett said gently.
'You looked a right mess.' Said Renner.
Chris snorted. 'Yeah, she did say something along those lines.'
Scarlett laughed. 'I do like this girl. She's very upfront.'
Chris smiled. 'Yeah.'
'You know what you should do?' Scarlett said. 'You should go and see her now.'
'Why?'
'Because you look smoking hot in that tux.'
'Really?'
'God yeah, if I swung that way, I'd do you.' Renner said with a grin.
Chris barked out a laugh. 'No, I meant, you really think I should go and see her?'
'Hang on.' Scarlett said. 'Just a slight tweak.'
She undid his bow tie, let it hang loose and undid the top button. 'Perfect.' She said.

*****

Chris 🤪
Becs? You there?

Becs📚
Hey

Chris 🤪
Are you at home?

Becs📚
Yes

Chris 🤪
Is it okay if I drop by?

Becs📚
Sure. Everything okay?

Chris 🤪
Yeah - just want to make sure I get a chocolate before you eat them all

Becs📚
😆

Becs📚
How did the photo shoot go?

Chris 🤪
It was fine, as far as these things go

Becs📚
Good. How far away are you?

Chris 🤪
Why? Do you have some ratty pyjamas to change out of? 😉

Becs📚
Ha ha, very funny. No, for your information I'm dressed.

Chris 🤪
I'll be there in about twenty minutes

Becs📚
Okay, but you've remembered that I've got to be at work at twelve, right?

Chris 🤪
Yeah

Becs📚
Okay, see you soon

****
A/N: Is it weird that I'm so nervous about writing the scene where Becca meets everyone? 😬 I think I'm about as nervous as Becca is! C xx