Chapter 51

Wednesday 8.44am

Becca stretched and padded through to the kitchen where she could hear Ella and Viv chatting.
'Hey.' She said.
'Hey. You look better.' Viv answered. 'Did you go back to your bed sometime during the night? I noticed that you weren't on the sofa this morning.'
'Yeah, I woke up about 3 and thought my own bed would be more comfortable.'
'You sound much better today as well.' Viv said.
'I feel much better.'
'Really?' Ella said. 'This is what we're going to talk about? We come home last night to find you practically wrapped around Captain America, and we're going to discuss the state of your health?'
'I wasn't wrapped around him!' Becca said, looking around. 'What happened to the pizza? Did it get put in the fridge?'
'Yeah, I put it in there last night.' Viv said, smiling at Becca as both of them enjoyed winding Ella up.
'Thanks Viv.' She said, getting the pizza out. 'I'm starving this morning.'
'Well, you didn't eat much yesterday.' Viv said with a straight face.
'Oh my God!' Ella cried, throwing her hands up. 'Am I the only one who's interested in whatever the hell happened last night?'
'Sorry Ella, you're just too easy to wind up sometimes.' Becca said with a soft laugh. 'But to be honest there's not really a lot to tell - I fell asleep really soon after he got here, so you probably saw him for as long as I did.'
'But you were laying in his arms, your head was on his chest - something must have happened! At least tell me there was kissing?'
'No, of course there wasn't kissing - didn't you notice how disgusting and sickly I looked last night? That would have been gross. We just ate ice cream, watched a bit of tv and I fell asleep.'
'That's it?' Asked Ella, clearly disappointed.
'Afraid so.'
'Well, at least you got to finally meet him, Ella.' Viv said with a grin.
'Oh yeah. How'd that go?' Becca asked.
'You should have heard her!' Viv teased. 'I think the first thing she said when she saw him was: 'holy fucking shit!'
'Ella, you didn't?!' Laughed Becca.
'I might have.' Said Ella, having the good grace to look a little embarrassed.
'Then she said 'it's fucking Captain America!'
'Ella! Your mouth!'
'I know, I know. I just wasn't expecting to see him. It took me by surprise.'
'You and me both.' Said Becca.
Just then her phoned pinged.
'Is that him?' Ella asked.
'No, I think it's from Scott.' Becca said, looking at her phone and the unfamiliar number that had texted her.
'Scott who?' Asked Ella.

Text message from 203-1432-5635
Hi Becs. This is Scotty, Chris's brother. Are you still wanting to come to the gig tomorrow? Chris mentioned that you were sick 🤒

Number 203-1432-5635 listed in contacts as Scott

Becca
Hi Scott. I'm feeling a lot better now, thanks. I still want to see your band. Can you send me the details of where it is and when, please?

Scott
Call me Scotty - everyone else does

Scott changed in contacts to Scotty

Becca
Okay, Scotty it is.

Scotty
So the gig starts at 8.00 and it's at a little club called Backstage

Becca
Thanks, I'll google the address

Scotty
You won't find anything - they don't have a website

Becca
Really? Who doesn't have a website these days?

Scotty
I think they think it makes them cool and not mainstream 🤣

Becca
Okay. Well, can you just give me the address then, please?

Scotty
It's at 105 Main Street in Somerville near the 7-11, but the address won't really help either - it's really hard to find if you've never been before. I'll just get Chris to drive you - he knows where it is

Becca
No, that's fine. I don't want to make him go out of his way. I'm sure that I'll be able to find it

Scotty
He won't mind