Chapter 2

Chris

He watched as she hurried out of the door. Great job man. Way to go. Now you've sent a woman virtually running from you.
'Wow. Even for you that looked like a car crash.' Rob joked.
Chris just glared at him.
'I mean, she couldn't get out of here fast enough. What did you say to her?'
'Fuck off.'
'And why have you taken your shades off?I thought you didn't want to be recognised.'
'I don't think that she did recognise me.'
'Really?'
'Probably because of that roadkill you currently have stuck to your face.' Rob said, leaning over to rub Chris's beard.
Chris leaned back. 'Don't.'
Rob raised his eyebrows. Chris normally joined in with the lighthearted teasing about his beard.
'You liked her.' He teased.
Chris didn't reply.
'You did.' He said in surprise.
'Doesn't matter now.'
'Because you screwed it up?'
'Fuck off Robert.'
'Okay, okay. I can be nice. Did you get her number?'
'No. I was just building up to ask her when she hightailed it out of here.'
'That's okay, we can probably find her online. What's her name?'
I never asked her name. Fucking idiot.
'I don't know.'
'You don't have her name or her number?'
'No.'
'Do you know where she lives?'
'No.'
'Okay, you really did screw up. Sorry buddy, but even I can't track her down without some information.'
'Let's just get out of here.' Chris said, picking up most of the bags and walking off.
Rob picked up the last couple of bags and that's when he noticed the wallet on the table. He flicked it open just to see if it was Chris's, but when he realised whose it was, a massive grin spread over his face