Chapter 30

4.15pm

True to her word, Viv wanted to know everything. Becca had barely got in the door when the questions started.
'What did he look like?' She asked.
'He looked like Chris Evans.' Becca laughed. 'He wasn't wearing the Captain America costume, if that's what you were wondering.'
'What was he wearing?'
'Umm...I'm not sure. I wasn't paying that much attention. I think just jeans and a t-shirt and a jacket.'
'How hot did he look?' Asked Ella. 'On a scale from one to 100?'
'He was a definite ninety-nine and three quarters.' Becca said with a grin. 'Maybe more.'
'Phew.' Ella said, fanning herself with her hand.
'So he came and found you in the library?'  Viv asked. 'Did your eyes meet across a crowded room?'
Becca laughed. 'No Viv, sorry to ruin your romantic fantasy,  but it was nothing like that. I was busy in the stacks, someone said my name, I turned round and there he was.'
'What did he say?'
'I actually have no idea what he said to begin with - I think that I stood there for the first minute with my mouth open, in shock.'
'That sounds attractive.' Laughed Ella.
'I know.' Becca grinned, shaking her head.
'Once I'd got the power of speech back, he showed me his phone to prove who he was, and we were then about to start talking when this little boy shouted across the library about Captain America being there, so we had to stop.'
'You know, you're taking this very well - if I'd embarrassed myself in front of a hot guy, I'd be mortified.' Viv said.
'Normally I would be.' Becca admitted. 'If it was a guy that I was looking to date, then it would have been awful. But that's hardly the case with Chris Evans, is it?'
'But he wants to phone you?'
'Well he never actually got the chance to say any off the stuff he wanted to say, so I said he could call tonight.'
'What time?'
'We didn't arrange a time. I just said anytime after six.'
Ella looked at the clock. 'Well we still have plenty of time to start watching our movie then.'
'Oh, are we watching a movie? Which one?' Becca asked.
'Captain America, of course.' Said Viv. 'So that we can ogle Chris Evans.'
'Okay, but not the first one, it's rubbish.' Becca laughed.
'Don't tell him that.'
'Oh my God, I did.' Said Becca, her hand over her mouth in horror, remembering.
'What?'
'I told him the first one was so boring that I fell asleep!'
'Becca!'
'It's not like I knew who I was talking to.'
Ella laughed. 'It's a good job you're not trying to date him, with comments like that.' She said, starting the film.
'That guy is beyond hot.' Viv said when Chris appeared on the screen.
'He is, but I think the Falcon guy is hotter.' Ella said.
'They're both ridiculously hot.' Becca agreed.
'I can't believe that you actually saw him in the flesh and spoke to him.'
'Well, it sounds more like she stared at him with her mouth open, rather than talked.' Said Ella.
Becca laughed and threw a cushion at her.

*****

They'd watched about half of the film when Ella teasingly said 'Ooh Becca. It's 5.57.'
'I said anytime after six Ella. Not dead on six. He might not call for hours. If he calls at all.'
Then a minute later '5.58'
Becca rolled her eyes and tried to ignore her.
'5.59.'
'Ella! Please tell me that you're not going to do that every minute until he calls, because that will drive me insane.'
'Yes, it's slightly annoying.' Viv agreed.
'It's VERY annoying.' Becca said. Plus it wasn't helping her nerves. She didn't want to admit it, but she was kind of nervous at the thought of him calling, and Ella's countdown was making it worse.
'6.00'
'For the last time Ella, I said anytime after six. I very much doubt that he's sitting there watching the clock waiting for-'
She stopped speaking in surprise when her phone started to ring.
Viv squeaked in surprise 'Is it him?' She asked.
Ella took a deep breath, picked up her phone and looked at the name. It was Chris. She nodded to Viv.
'Oh my God.' Viv said with a grin.
'Put him on speaker phone.'
'Why?'
'Because I want to make sure it's really his voice.' Ella said.
'You're such a cynic.' Becca said, then answered the phone.

Becca
Hi.

Chris
Hey there. Thanks for unblocking me. It's good to be able to call you again