Chapter 2

CARLO'S POV:

It's quiet.

So fucking quiet.

"Hey Carlo." Bella mutters cautiously, as she walks into the gym.

"Hi." I mumble very quietly, this is the first time we've spoken to each other in two months. I tried to talk to her but she would ignore me.

The first month since Adelaide was taken I sort of shouted at everyone and everything. A lot of my emotions I took out on Bella, she tried for a whole month and a half to get me to talk to her properly. Until, eventually, she got too tired and scared.

I carry on doing my pull ups as she stands in front of me in a pair of light blue ripped jeans that flare out a little at the bottom, a dark grey graphic t-shirt, her hair is straightened which makes her look older, and she has chains and rings on.

"Giovanni needs you." She whispers looking everywhere and anywhere but me. Her hands fidget with each other and her feet scruff together.

Immediately I get off the bar I was using to do pull ups and I grab a towel wiping away my sweat. "Come with me." I mutter as I walk out of the gym,

I listen to her sigh and then her footsteps behind me. I push open the doors to one of the large rooms and I am greeted by everyone running around and the tech guys all in one corner writing on a whiteboard and looking at CCTV.

"Marco!" Bella squeals from behind me and runs past me to him talking to Giovanni with Jonathon and Xavier.

"Fiore." He smiles down at her before lifting her up and spinning her around a little. (Flower).

"What're you doing here principessa?" Jonathon asks as he goes to ruffle her hair.

She slaps his hand so he doesn't touch her and glares at him before looking at me and a disgusted look claims over her face. "Carlo told me to come here."

Marco looks at me and glares slightly still holding my sister. He's been more of a big brother to her than I have, so I understand why.

"What do you need to see me about Giovanni?" I ask, pulling a shirt over my head.

"Follow me." He mumbles, looking through paperwork, when he looks up he kisses Bella on the head. "Stay out here for a second and then whatever Carlo needs you for you can go."

She nods her head and carries on talking to Marco.

Giovanni places a hand on my shoulder, squeezing it lightly and pushing me towards my office. He closes the door and I sit down in my chair.

"How have you been?" He asks, sitting opposite my desk.

"Perfect." I mumble putting a cigarette in my mouth and getting ready to light it. "Have you found out who the guy is that took her?" I ask, blowing the smoke out.

We only managed to get a few pictures of the guy, but never a name. Giovanni slouches in her chair slightly. "His name is Rye Zanton."

I look at him confused. "Who?"

"He's a new leader." Giovanni explains. "But he's climbing up the chain quickly. He owns two clubs, a hotel, a race track, and seven underground fighting places."

I nod my head and slouch further into my chair, smoking slowly. "Any sights on Adelaide?" I look at him slowly.

He smiles sadly a tiny bit and shakes his head. "No. We're trying."

I nod my head and stare into space. "Bring Bella in please." I stub the cigarette out.

"Don't shout at her or so help me Carlo. I will beat the shit out of you." He warns.

"I won't."

"Okay." He stands up and leaves the office, a minute later Bella walks in and closes the door behind her.

She stands at the door not looking at me.

"You can sit down." I mumble.

She nods her head and walks slowly to the chair, when she sits down she brings her legs up onto the chair and crosses them.

"How's mom?" I ask.

She hasn't spoken to me either, since the night actually.

"Still in her room, she only comes out to eat because I force her to." Bella looks down at her fingers and starts tapping her fingers to her thumb.

I count them slowly. 12344321.

Adelaide did that too.

"How have you been?"

She looks up at me and there's tears in her eyes. "Are you asking because you're guilty and want reassurance or do you actually care?"

"I care. I'm really sorry Bel-" she cuts me off.

"Isabella." She corrects. "My name is Isabella."

"Right." I breathe out. "Isabella, I'm really sorry. I'm sorry I shouted and pushed you away."

"I don't care about it." She shrugs. "You do you I guess."

"I'm trying here." I plead.

She laughs a little. "Yeah? And I tried for a month and a half. But did you listen? Did you try?"

I look down.

"No you didn't, so what makes you think I should listen and forgive and let you try?"

"I know I fucked up."

"Yeah, you did." She stands up from her chair. "I have to go. Nicola and I are helping make dinner." And with that she leaves the room slamming the door behind her.

Putting my face into my hands I try to calm down, Giovanni, Alessia, Nicola, and Ricardo all live with us now.

Tobias and Lexi are downstairs in the cells with the girl that I choked.

Opening up the small draw beside me I feel tears well up in my eyes. The tests and her ring lay on a small black cushion.

Ti salveró amore mio

(I will save you my love).