Chapter 5

"Okay okay!" I shout crawling backwards to get away from the gigantic man in front of me.

The crowd cheers for more and he just keeps on coming, I get to the point where the sides of the ring stop me from moving. I start coughing and a pool of blood comes up, the guy approaching me stops and kneels down in front of me whilst the crowd goes silent.

"Lay down." The guy says helping me lay down and rolling me onto my side.

My vision blurs slightly and I see Axel running onto the ring with a medic bag. The guy holds my hand moving my hair away from my face. "You're going to be okay." He mumbles.

I feel my body spasm as I try to cough but no sound comes out.

"I thought she was going to win." I hear the man stress as he explains to Axel. "The first half she was kicking my ass and then she just stopped."

"Sir. You need to calm down ." Axel hushes him and wraps a few bandages around my wrist and ankle.

He wipes my face with a wipe and my vision slowly comes back to normal.

"Hey." He whispers, he moves my fallen baby hairs out of my face. "There she is." He smiles when he notices I won't pass out.

Suddenly, Rye is on the other side of the ring barrier and pulling my arm yanking me off and out of the ring and into his arms.

I gasp slightly when I feel something sharp on my side. To the outside it may seem like he is just carrying an injured person, but on the inside he is digging his hands into the parts of my body he is holding me. And he's just stabbed something into my side.

I feel drowsy and I can hear my opponent shouting after us as Rye walks us to the way out.

****

At this point I think Rye has a hanging kink.

Here I am again, hanging by my wrists in the musty old cell with a pool of blood under me. Rye decided to use a knife and slice my thigh and leave it to drain a little before getting one of the doctors in here.

"STOP!" I scream as a doctor starts to push a needle into my thigh to stitch it up. I try to move my leg away but it doesn't work.

"Stop moving." He mumbles and carries on with what he is doing. When he's finished he wipes up my thigh and puts gauze on it and wraps a bandage around it.

My head falls forward as I pant tired from everything. From life. From everything.

He leaves and I'm left alone.

Alone.

A sob erupts out of my mouth as tears drip down my face slowly, weaving around my cheeks.

Why isn't anyone coming to get me?

I'm so exhausted.

Not just from the fighting or the pain. Not from gym training or forceful eating. My mind is exhausted. I'm so tired. No, I don't need more sleep, I need help, I need to be saved.

I'm exhausted from standing.

The easiest things seem to be so difficult.

I want to go home.

I shake my head to stop the tears from spilling. "Stop crying." I whisper to myself.

Pathetic.

"Hey baby." Rye cheers as he steps into the cell. "You did good tonight. I think you deserve a treat."

He saunters up to me and unwraps my wrists from their hold catching me as my tired body falls limp.

"You're going to sleep in my room."He whispers into my ear, making me move my head away. "Naw, don't be like that, you have a doctor's appointment tomorrow at one of the hospitals."

He picks me up and I try to move out of his grip but he grips my thigh that's newly cut. I scream out and he puts his face in my hair, shushing me. He carries me to his room and lays me on the bed. "Please don't." I cry out as I move away from him.

He grabs my ankles and drags me back to him. "Rye I swear on everything please don't." He pulls handcuffs out and handcuffs me to his bed in the middle.

"No. No. No. No." I repeat shaking the handcuffs to get undone.

"We're not doing anything, Adelaide." He mumbles and crawls on top of me making his face come closer to mine. "We're just sleeping."

Rye spreads my legs and fits himself into them moving closer to my face, I look away and he grips my face with one hand squishing cheeks and forcing me to look at him.

"Don't look away from me!" He shouts and kisses me moving his lips against mine. I scream against him and try to move away as a few tears fall from my eyes.

He grinds against me and I can feel how hard he is, he groans as I scream loud against his lips trying to make him stop. He pulls away out of breath and lays down on my stomach. "You're going to have to get used to it one day Adelaide. No ones coming for you so you're all mine."

I'm starting to believe you.

Rye slowly falls asleep on top of me as I cry silently in his dark room. His curtains have a small gap which the moonlight shines through.

I manage to move my head a little so I can see the stars outside.

What if I just found a way to die? It would go away.

The stars really are a welcoming sight.