Chapter 38

CARLO'S POV:

I speed all the way to the hospital and the two of us storm inside figuring out where they are. We don't have to ask a nurse where they are because there's a thud on the ground and few nurses running over.

Adelaide face palms as we both realise it's Axel on the floor and Rosalyn in a wheelchair laughing.

We both walk over as Axel wakes up from his small fainting episode. "You good?" Adelaide laughs helping him stand.

"I'm fine." He brushes himself off as if nothing happened. "You can stop laughing now." He deadpans.

Rosalyn clamps her mouth shut and nods her head trying not to laugh. "Of course."

A few doctors come over and push Rosalyn away with Axel holding his head, walking behind them. "We'll wait out here." Adelaide shouts and Axel gives her a thumbs up.

We sit in the waiting area and she kicks her shoes off, I take my jacket off and wrap it over legs. She slouches a little and keeps my jacket over her legs

Sitting down next to her she takes my hand and leans her head on my shoulder. I sigh loudly and place my head on top of hers, whilst spreading my legs and slouching slightly. We look around the waiting area where we sit and the watch nurses and doctors work.

Her leg starts to bounce and I take my hand out of hers using it to press slightly on her knee to stop it. I hold her hand in my other and use the one on her knee to make her leg cross over the other so I can push them both down.

"It's okay." I mumble as her leg still lightly bounces under my grip.

****
THIRD PERSON:

After eight hours Axel walks out of a door sweaty and a small smile on his face. He looks around the waiting room and finds Adelaide curled up on a chair with Carlo's arms wrapped around her as they both sleep.

He walks over and goes to tap Adelaide on the shoulder but his hand gets stopped short by a harsh grip. Carlo looks at him tired and confused before he realises who it is. He lets go of Axel. "Sorry."

"She's had the baby." Axel smiles and whispers.

"Congrats." Carlo smiles and sits up slowly, he turns to Adelaide and uses his thumb to brush under her eyes and wake her up gently. "Baby?"

Adelaide stirs and stretches a little, Carlo see's his jacket about to fall off her lap and he holds it in place. "Wake up."

Adelaide opens her eyes slowly and sees Axel and Carlo watching her. "Boy or girl?" She immediately asks as she is now wide awake.

"Girl." Axel smiles proudly.

Adelaide smiles at Carlo and a few butterflies erupt in his stomach at the sight. She stands up and Carlo pulls her dress down immediately.

"Do you want to see her?" Axel asks.

"Yeah." She whispers and holds Carlo's hand.

Axel leads them both to the room and Rosalyn smiles at the three entering the room. "Hi." She whispers and Adelaide stops at the door.

"Hello." Adelaide waves unsurely. Carlo and Adelaide find it uncomfortable to look at the baby so they both look to the floor.

"Do you want to hold her?" Axel offers.

Adelaide finally looks up and lets go of Carlo's hand and walks over to the child. She feels the empty feeling in her stomach as she looks down at the sleeping girl. Tears threaten to spill as Rosalyn places the baby in Adelaide's arms.

Adelaide looks down in awe at the tiny human in her arms. All the while, Carlo watches from the corner of the room at his wife holding the baby. The only thoughts going through his mind wishing that it was actually his baby. Their baby.

"What's her name?" Carlo whispers, with a voice crack.

"We thought about it a lot. It came to us a few nights ago." Axel announces from the bed where he side hugs Rosalyn.

Adelaide and Carlo glance at each other probably, thinking of the same thing.

___________
Start of flashback: First book. Third person.

"Azire." Adelaide looks back up to the sky. "For a boy." She sees Carlo smile from the corner of her eye.

"Will his middle name be Amore?" He asks.

"It's traditional for the girl to have that name." She mumbles.

"Okay." He hums in thought "What about Amari? It means eternal."

"Azire Amari Knight." Adelaide tries it out.

"Azire Amari Rivera Knight." Carlo corrects.

"Chiara is a pretty name." Carlo mumbles. "Chiara Amore Rivera Knight."

Adelaide nods her head. "I like that."

"Or we could name her Sienna." He shrugs.

She turns to look at him. "I like Chiara."

End of flashback:
--------

"We wanted to name her after the strongest woman we know." Rosalyn smiles at Adelaide. "So her name is Adele River Kraner."

"Hello Adele." Adelaide whispers and strokes the baby's face as Carlo walks over stroking the baby's head.

'They would've been amazing parents' Axel thinks as he watches his best friend and her husband hold his child.

But the tears in Adelaide and Carlo's eyes don't go unnoticed. Adelaide smiles at Axel and passes Adele back. "When do you get let out?" Adelaide asks.

"A few days." Rosalyn smiles at Adelaide.

She nods her head and looks at the time. "We'll come see you tomorrow if you're not out yet." She kisses Rosalyn on the head and hugs Axel. She kisses Adele's head and waves goodbye. Carlo says bye and the two walk out quietly not saying a word.

They make it to the car and get in silently. Carlo drives them home as the two think to themselves.