Chapter 15

I don't know what's more tragic. The fact that I keep looking for Carlo everywhere I go. Or that he's never actually there.

The last thing I saw when I was in the ring was Emilio pressing a light kiss to his hand, watching me do the same and then his retreating figure.

Now Axel sits by my side in the hospital wing whilst Rye goes off to find the guy that made me cough up blood. The guy had kicked my stomach even though I tried so hard to protect it. Yet I'm probably going to be the one in trouble for this one.

"He said he wouldn't tell Carlo." Axel mumbles.

I look at him and smile sadly. "How's your wife?" I whisper so no one can hear.

His sad face turns into a joyful one and he has a huge smile on his face. "Really good. I'll tell you more later." He whispers back.

"I'm going to be the best auntie ever." I mumble, looking up at the ceiling.

Four muscly men walk into the room a minute later and two of them walk over to me grabbing my arms forcing me to stand up.

"What are you doing?" Axel questions, standing up getting defensive.

"Boss's orders." One of them smirks.

I watch in a daze as Axel gets pinned to a wall as he tries to stop these men taking me. A pinch on my neck makes me look up at one of the guys.

I see a needle in his hand and chuckle. "That was fucking rude." I glare before everything turns black.

****

"Ouch." I mumble, whilst opening my eyes slowly and squint my eyes slightly at the rusty small light bulb above me.

I look around slightly and hear a faint giggle of a little girl and then a woman's laugh. "Hello?" I question out into the darkened part of the room.

A small girl wearing a white dress runs out laughing. I tilt my head to the side in curiosity at the white orb thing glowing lightly around her.

"Curiouser and curiouser." I mumble as a tall lady with the same glow around her steps out holding the little girl's hand.

I burst out laughing at the words that came out of my mouth, I lift my head up a little and stand on my tiptoes since I'm, once again, tied to the ceiling by my wrists.

"Went from Adelaide to Alice real quick." I chuckle.

I love Alice in Wonderland, my comfort book in all fairness. And the movies, my baby Johnny Depp.

"Maybe Johnny will save me." I whisper. "Carlo won't."

The small girl walks up to me and leaves her hands a space away from my waist and starts swaying side to side, dancing slowly.

She giggles and runs around the room twirling, the lady watches her and so do I. I smile lightly as I watch her spin and spin.

"She's a beautiful dancer." I tell the lady and she looks at me with a small smile.

She walks up to me and a tear trickles down her face, the water droplet glows slightly as it drops to the floor. "You really were." She says, but her voice sounds as if it's miles away and it's hushed.

"I don't know what you're on about." I stand up straighter on my tiptoes. "But, I'm still a beautiful dancer."

The lady laughs lightly and goes to touch my face but all I can feel is a cold breeze. "You've got to wake up, piccolo topo." (Little mouse.)

I furrow my eyebrows. "What did you call me?"

Only my mom called me that.

I look at the woman and I realise she's almost an exact copy of me just older. She smiles when she sees the realisation on my face.

"You're dead." I mumble.

"Yeah." She breathes out shakily. Then turns to look at the little girl. "Don't give up on your smile." She turns back to me. "It's the most beautiful thing in the world."

There's silence until I start laughing loudly. "I'm really confused." I say through laughs.

The lady wipes her eyes and leans forward a little. "Wake up, piccolo topo." I close my eyes thinking she's going to kiss my forehead but the feeling never comes.

When I reopen my eyes I'm not met with a pair of warm lips to my forehead, instead I am met with a cool sharp thing sliding against my lip making me scream.

My legs and arms try to move until I realise I'm tied to a chair and my head is tied against the headboard.

"Hello." Rye smiles as he pulls away a knife from my lip. "Do you want to tell me who this guy is?" He holds up a picture from the club. The photo only shows my face and Emilio's back. He shows me more and in every direction Emilio has his back turned or his face hidden.

"I don't know." I mumble.

Rye points the knife at my face, the stinging of my lip makes me wince and I can feel my blood trickle down my chin.

"Don't lie to me." He taunts and pushes the knife just above my right eyebrow.

"I don't know." I shout in a panic. "I promise I don't know. He was only talking about this girl and he thought I was her."

Rye drags the knife down a tiny bit making me scream in agony. "Lies." He whispers and drags it down to the edge of my brow.

As he goes further and my screams go louder, I shout, "He just wanted to know where I had been thinking I was someone else. I swear to you." Tears fall down my face as I feel the fresh cut start to throb and the cold air blowing against it.

"I promise, I promise, i promise." I shout.

He moves his head back but keeps the knife where it is, stopping his movements. "I believe you." He mumbles.

My breathing gets faster as I feel a panic attack coming on. Rye looks from my eyes to my lips and before I can even blink his lips are pressed to mine. I try to move my head but it drags the knife in a different direction so I stop and sob.

When he pulls back his lips are covered in my blood and he smiles wildly, before kissing me again. He drags the knife down again and I scream feeling the knife drag under my eye and swerve at the end as I scream into his mouth.

He throws the knife away as I cry and scream like no one's business and he kisses me. "Stop!" I scream against him as he steps in between my tied up parted legs.

"No." He mumbles and pushes his lips harder against mine, I try to move my face but he holds into place.

"Please, stop!" I beg.

But he doesn't.