Chapter 39

ADELAIDE'S POV:

Carlo walks to the stove, the fridge, and counter making us both some food. He still hasn't spoken a word. But neither have I.

When we got back he went to the kitchen and I got changed into a hoodie and baggy shorts. Then joined him in the kitchen.

"I'm sorry." I apologise.

He tenses slightly and looks over at me. "You didn't do anything wrong." He chuckles, but I can hear the pain behind it. He goes back to cooking and my leg bounces on the chair they are resting on since I'm sat on the side.

"Adelaide." He warns, walking over to me holding my leg down. The sound of whatever he is cooking sizzles. "Stop. It's not your fault." He grips my chin softly and analyses my face.

I nod my head.

"She's cute though." He chuckles still looking in my eyes.

"Yeah." I laugh. "She looks a lot like Axel."

He breathes out a laugh and turns around to finish cooking. Once he's finished he sets them down on the table across the kitchen. He grabs cutlery and places it down on the table before walking back over to me.

"I love you, you know." He grips my chin again and places his other hand on my waist. "A lot." He chuckles.

"Close your eyes." I mumble and even though a confused look takes over his face he does as I request.

I cup his face in my hands and take a deep breath whilst pulling him closer. I press my lips against his nose and his hand holding my chin falls to my waist gripping it slightly. His eyebrows relax and he keeps his eyes closed leaning into my touch.

Next, I press my lips lightly to his.

____________
Start of flashback:

Rye laughs and smashes his lips against mine. I struggle to move my head back since I'm restricted and he carries on moving his lips against my still ones.

His eyes are closed and he moves his body closer to mine, I move my leg and kick him in the balls. He hunches forward holding himself and I knee his head as he kneels down. "Don't kiss me."

End of flashback:
--------

I quickly pull away. "I'm sorry- I should've-."

His lips enclose mine this time and he moves them slowly against mine. I kiss him back and he smiles against my lips.

I pull back slowly and when I open my eyes he's smiling a little. "I love you more." I whisper.

Carlo shakes his head and leans forward again. "Impossible." He mumbles against my lips and kisses them again. He steps forward but once I tense up slightly still kissing him he stays still and runs circles on my waist.

When he pulls away he pecks them lightly one last time before lifting me off of the counter. "You need to eat."

I nod and go and sit down in the chair whilst he sits across from me. I feel his hand on my knee rubbing circles as he eats and I feel comfortable with the food in front of me.

I take a mouthful at the same time as Carlo and mimic his actions every time he goes to put more on his fork. It helps me to get in the flow of eating.

But once I've eaten half an agonizing pain strikes my stomach letting me know I've eaten as much as I can. I put the fork down and look around the kitchen waiting for Carlo. If I don't look at the food I won't feel the need to throw up, or exercise it away.

Maybe.

Carlo finishes a few minutes later and picks up the plates placing them in the sink. I wash them up as he dries them and we make a little conversation.

When we've finished he holds my hand and we walk past the living room but pause for a second when we see Emilio asleep with my kittens asleep on his chest.

I walk over and tap his face as Carlo picks the sleeping kittens up. "Emilio. Go to bed. It's more comfortable." I say quietly.

He opens his eyes tiredly and nods his head before falling asleep again. I laugh lightly. "Emilio." I wake him up again and sit him up. "Go to bed."

This time he looks at Carlo and I annoyed, making us smile, he walks over to the stairs and goes up to his room whilst we go to ours.

Carlo places the kittens in their bed and he goes to get changed as I lay down.

When he's finished he comes and lays down next to me, brushing my hair out of my face, watching the movement delicately as if it's the most beautiful thing in the world. "You're gorgeous Adelaide." He whispers quietly.

My heart flutters as his green eyes look into my grey ones. His eyes hold so much love I feel guilty for how I treated him when I returned, the guilt I had when I fell out of love with him.

Even if my love for him has returned, I didn't believe he would save me, I didn't believe he loved me, which led to me losing feelings.

He brings me forward by my jaw and tilts my head slightly before kissing me slowly. The kiss is so slow it's as if he's reminiscing memories of the times our lips touched before. As if he's trying to paint the feel of my lips in his mind so he will never forget.

"Ho detto che ti avrei salvato e alla fine ti ho riavuto, amore mio." He mumbles as he pulls away.

(I said I would save you and in the end I got you back my love)

"je t'aime mon coeur." I whisper before falling asleep.

(I love you, my heart)

I hear him say something but I'm already sleeping.