Chapter 37

CARLO'S POV:

It's been awhile since Adelaide came back and she's been getting better. I think. I know she hides it some days.

Her kittens are so fucking annoying and I slightly regret buying them for her, but she loves them. And I love her and her smile.

Right now, she is mindlessly playing with this one curl in my face with her leg over my waist whilst she twists her body to look at the TV at the end of the bed. Her finger wraps around the curl and unravels it, then repeats.

I hold onto her waist and stare at her, "Stop staring." She mumbles, focused on the TV.

"No."

"Why?" She huffs.

I breathe out a light laugh, "Because you're beautiful."

She turns her head to look at me and scrunches her nose. "Go to dinner with me." Her eating has gotten slightly better, I know Rosalyn has been helping her with that.

"Is that a request or a question?" She questions, looking at the TV again.

"Adelaide." I kiss her neck. "Amore." I kiss her temple. "Rivera." I kiss her chin. "Knight." I kiss her nose. "Will you please go on a date with me?" I grin at her as I beg.

"I'll think about it." She smiles.

Rolling my eyes I lay back on the bed for maybe a minute before getting in her face. "Have you thought about it?"

She shoves her hand into my face and pushes me away, to which I dramatically fall back onto the bed. "Fine." She mutters and begins to move.

Before she moves her hand I grab it and press multiple kisses all over it. "Thank you, thank you." I mutter in between kisses.

"Go start getting ready." I push her towards the edge of the bed and just before she can fall I grab her waist and help her stand.

****

"Are you done yet?" I ask whilst walking into the bathroom, she looks at me through the mirror as she sits in the sink straightening her hair. "What are you doing?"

"You told me to get ready?" She questions with uncertainty and goes to stop doing her hair.

"No. Yeah I understand that. I mean this." I wave a hand around to show her I mean her being in the sink.

"Oh." She looks down for a second. "I don't know."

I smile, shake my head and walk up to her. I sit on the side next to her and lean against the mirror. "What are these?" I ask brushing my finger over her longer lashes gently.

"Fake lashes." She mumbles, concentrating on her hair. "Do you want some?"

"No." I shake my head. "I like my lashes, thank you." I hold onto my lashes.

She laughs lightly. "Not everyone wears lashes because they don't like their natural ones."

"Why do you wear yours?" I ask.

She puts the straighteners down and runs her fingers through her now straight hair whilst leaning back looking at herself. "They make me feel powerful." She smiles and adjusts a lash.

She lifts herself up and jumps out of the sink. "Okay. Now go away." She shoos me out of the bathroom and I roll my eyes before leaving.

_________
ADELAIDE'S POV:

Once Carlo leaves I quickly get out of my clothes and slip on the burgundy dress that sits just above my knees. Rosalyn let me borrow it since she's been getting bigger and can't fit in it at the moment.