Chapter 32

ADELAIDE'S POV:

Therapy can suck a dick.

Not a nice dick. A wrinkly saggy dick. Because that's what it deserves.

"How have you been feeling since that last time we spoke?" Charlton asks.

That was two days ago.

"Amazing." I answer.

"Can you tell me what was so amazing?"

"No."

"Are you sleeping any better?"

"I don't know."

"Have you been causing any harm to yourself?"

"I don't know."

"Remember this is a safe space and these walls are going to keep your secrets in them. I will only have to say something if it is causing you harm. Do you understand, Adelaide?"

"Sure." I turn my head to look out the window.

"Have you been having any more nightmares?"

"Yes." I whisper.

"Can you tell what it was about?"

"I don't think I should tell you. It was quite horrifying."

"It's okay. You can tell me."

"Basically I was running and it was really dark in my dream. I tried to scream and nothing came out... I ended up in some woods and then I heard a twig crack behind me so I obviously turned around. When I turned around you'll never guess what was there."

I pause and look at them as they write down what I'm saying.

"It was the Hulk." I breathe out. "That feels so good to finally get out. It was awful. He kept telling me he wanted a poodle. But I don't like poodles. They're scary as fuck-"

Charlton looks up from their notebook and stares at me. "You've got to start participating, Adelaide."

"I don't have to do anything." I deadpan.

"You're worrying the people around you. I'm only trying to help." They try to reason.

"I don't need help. I'm doing great."

They nod their head slowly. "Do you think you're ready to talk about your loss and what happened?"

I freeze from playing with the edge of the blanket that's draped over my shoulders. "There's nothing to tell."

"Okay." They say unsurely, writing something in the notebook. "Did Rye do anything to hurt you in any way?"

Are they blind? I have a cut on my face.

"No." I drag the word out sarcastically. "I got this." I point to the cut. "From my trip to Hogwarts. I had this massive battle with Sn-."

They cut me off. "Can you tell me one thing that happened?"

I stay quiet and look at the clock. "I have to go."

"We're not finished." They announce as I stand up from the chair.

"I am." I reply shortly. "I have to go feed my-." I turn to face them as I get to the door. "Kittens." I smile and slam the door behind me.

"How did it go?" Carlo asks as he stands up from the chair in front of the door.

"The kittens need feeding." I tell him and walk towards the kitchen. "And I'm not doing that anymore." I point towards the direction of where I had therapy.

Carlo follows me into the kitchen and I pick up the bowls for the food and the water. I fill everything up and lay them on the floor, all the while Carlo sits at the kitchen counter watching me.

****

"Hello Giovanni and Isabella." I mumble quietly as I walk into the living room and see them stroking my kittens.

I sit away from them on the floor and my kittens come running to me and curl up into my lap. I look down at Loki and Smudge and a smile ghosts my lips.

"Why do you call me Isabella?"

I look up and see Isabella standing in front of me. "That's not your name?" I ask confused.

She sits on the floor with her legs crossed and her head down. "Your nickname for me was Izzy. What's changed?"

Oh. "I'm sorry. I can call you Izzy." I nod my head.

"No it's fine." She looks up and smiles at me. "Are you going to be joining us for dinner tonight?"

"I'm not hungry. I'll probably eat something later." I stand up and the kittens follow me towards the door. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight Angel." Giovanni smiles softly at me.

I walk towards the room with the kittens following behind me. I open the door and see Carlo shirtless with his back facing me.

Carlo turns to face the door hearing it open and I notice that his belt is undone and so are the buttons and zip of his pants. "Are you alright?" He asks quietly, turning back to the mirror and doing his pants up.

"Where are you going?" I ask, ignoring his question.

"I have a meeting." He looks at me briefly as he pulls his black blouse on. "You can come with, if you want?"

"When are you leaving?" I question whilst pulling my arms back above my head to stretch.

I'm in the mood to try and feel pretty anyways.

"Whenever you're ready." He smiles lightly at me.

I grin at him and go to the wardrobe. I look through the many clothes hanging up that are apparently mine...

Trying on a few dresses I become frustrated by the fact they are too big for me. Idiot girl, it's your own fault for not eating. I pull out a short black dress hoping this one will fit.

I pull it on and it's a little big but I grab a safety pin and secure it into place. I look into the full length mirror to see how it looks, I turn to see my back and look at my tattoo. The huge gap at the back giving me full access to it, I pull the fabric forward a tiny bit and see my other small tattoo.

Still breathing;

"Trying to." I whisper and run my fingers over it. "Really fucking trying."

I shake my head a little and grab a hair grip, I pull my hair back into a little ponytail and twist it a few times before gripping into place and letting the rest of my hair flow over the top of it, a few hairs from the front of my face fall out and get in my face.

I find an eyeliner and quickly apply it to my eyes and highlighter to my nose and inner corners of my eyes.

Whilst I apply lip gloss to my lips the wardrobe door opens and Carlo walks. "You look pretty." He smiles with his head tilted to the side.

"Thanks." I mumble.

He steps to my side and grabs the eyeliner before walking over to the mirror and pulling his eye slightly and drawing on his waterline.

When he's done both eyes he looks at me and smiles, I notice a smudge just under his eye and I step forward a little.

Don't.

I step back and watch as he looks at me confused.

But that little smudge is really pissing me off.

I shake my hands and take a deep breath before cupping his face and getting up on my tiptoes, I rub the smudge until it's gone and quickly move away from him to grab some boots.

I pull socks on and then the boots before making my way into the bedroom and grabbing a jacket and bag.

"Let's go." I announce and walk out of the bedroom not waiting for Carlo.