Chapter 11

"Row, row, row your boat." I sing, quietly whilst scraping my feet on the dirty floor underneath me trying to draw a flower. "Gently down the stream. If you see a crocodile don't forget to scream."

They put me in a new cell, one that's further down and darker. The only light source being the small slit under the closed door.

I won't lie, I'm feeling really claustrophobic and panicked.

"Row, row, row your boat. Gently down the stream. Merrily merrily, merrily, merrily." The door scrapes across the floor and I don't lift my head up to see who it is.

"Life is but a dream." I finish and hum the song again.

Footsteps move towards me slowly as I keep my head down and hum to the tune with the tip of my feet moving across the floor drawing. The person who had walked in swishes his foot over my drawing and stops me from doing what I was doing.

I lift my head up a little and see someone I haven't met before. "Hey gorgeous." He winks at me and puts his hand behind his back.

Looking back to the floor I hum row row row your boat again.

I jolt of electricity digs into my side and I let out a small cry at the uncertainty of what just happened. I look down and see the guy holding a taser.

I laugh a little. "Not your type of song?"

I cough slightly, "Alright." I take a deep breath. " Tiptoe through the window. By the window, that's where I'll be. Come tiptoe through the tulips with me."

Another spark of electricity as I get tased again. "Damn, you're picky with your song choices mister."

"Are you a Shakira guy?" I try to move my hips side to side but it goes a little wrong due to how my body is hanging at the moment. "I can try and do a little belly dancing. You can sing the Rihanna parts if you like?"

I look him up and down. "Actually I take that back. I'm not going to disrespect Ri Ri like that."

He harshly grabs my face with one hand and pulls me so close to his face that his breath flutters against my nose. "Excuse me. You need a mint."

"Do you ever shut up?" He pushes my face away and puts his taser away.

"Sometimes." I shrug. "Like the silence between each of my sentences. I was quiet when you spoke wasn't i?"

Clearly, this man didn't like my answer and he punches me repeatedly in the face, making my head move around like a rag doll.

My vision goes blurry and black dots come into view, I feel hands grab my waist and my hands are brought down. "W- What are you doing?" I ask, feeling my breathing get heavier and more panicked.

"Sh, be a good girl for me." A voice says, but it sounds as if they are underwater. I close my eyes and open them multiple times very slowly. My hearing goes blocky, meaning I hear small noises and then it goes silent.

My body gets laid down on the cold floor and I look up to see a dark figure hovering over me, I kick my legs as best as I can.

"Don't do it." I whisper, feeling a tear fall down my cheek.

He punches my face and it turns to the side of the room where the door is. I look over to the opened door and see steps and a light. On the dirty floor is half of my drawing that I did before it got swiped away.

It was a pretty flower as well.

I focus on the steps, already knowing what's about to happen.

1

I count the amount of steps slowly to distract myself.

2

I hear a zip.

3

The cold air hits my legs and stomach.

4

The person lets out a low groan as the one thing I had wished on the stars to never let happen to me again begins.

5

"You are my sunshine." I whisper ever so quietly as my body gets rocked back and forth slightly and my vision gets darker and darker.

6

"My only sunshine." A sob ripples out of my body.

7

I just want to go home. "You make me happy, when skies are grey."

8

I want my mom.

9

I see someone's shadow at the top of the stairs just standing there. My vision over clouds with darkness and eventually it takes over.

I just want to go home. Why aren't they coming to get me?