Chapter 7

I fucking hate hospitals.

With a passion. A strong, big passion.

The smell makes my stomach turn, the beeping of the machines mess with my head and make me dizzy, the people walking around whilst holding a medicine pole staring at you.

Actually I don't mind those people, they always say hi.

I would've said hi back if I didn't have ten huge men behind me in suits escorting me with Rye standing beside me. We already checked in and we're walking to my designated room. "Lay down." Rye orders as we get to it.

He is the only one in the room with me right now, I stay where I'm standing near the door. "I'll stay here thanks." I mumble.

A slap echoes the room as my face now looks to the side. "You're getting better at that." I say confidently. "Finally making it sting a little." I chuckle touching my cheek. "Not bad."

He grabs my arm and drags me over to the bed forcing me down onto it, he pins my hands above my head and forces my legs between his squeezing them slightly so I can't move.

He leans close. Too close. Actually if I was on the other side of the world that'd be too close.

"Don't mess with me Adelaide or your pretty little body is going to end up in a woods somewhere," He nudges his nose against mine and I move my head away. "Dead."

That's an empty threat. Not only do I not mind that, but he's also already told me he won't kill me.

"Do it then." I look at him. "Do it you pussy!" I shout.

A nurse walks in and Rye gets off me and glares at me, I shimmy up the bed more and the nurse ignores what just happened when they walked in and goes over to me.

"Sir, do you mind going outside so I can do an examination?" She asks turning to face him, I look at her terrified not knowing how he will act.

Rye rolls his eyes and leaves without a word.

The door closes and she turns to me. "Are you okay?"

I nod my head and look out of the window. "What floor are we on?" They wouldn't let me see in the elevator, I had someone's hand over my eyes.

"Fifth." She answers plainly.

No jumping out of the window then.

Or could I?

"I need you to sit up for me okay?" She says.

I sit up and she starts doing these small tests talking to me every so often but my replies are short and simple. Too tired to even try and talk to her, she'll probably be dead by the end of her shift for saying a simple few words to Rye.

About an hour passes and a guy doctor walks in. "Sophia Jones?" He questions.

"That's her." Rye answers from the couch in the corner of the room on his laptop.

"So you have signs of a miscarriage not too long ago." He starts off bringing a stool over to the side of the bed on its wheels. "And your stomach seems quite bruised. First I'd like to ask if everything is okay?"

Rye slams his laptop shut and the doctor looks at him. "Stop with the questions!" He shouts. "Can she still have children? Yes or no."