Chapter 30

Dear Journal,

Hello old friend. It's been a while, I found you a second a go under my bed in a floorboard.

Almost forgot I put you there. Whoops.

I saw a doctor today, Carlo and Rose forced me to go speak to them. It's not that I don't like him, because I do. I love his personality.

His name is Charlton. He's British and apparently 'Charlton' is their last name not their first.

Anyways, I don't think I need a doctor. It's a bit far-fetched. I'm not ill, I don't have a temperature. I went for a walk and all of a sudden I need a therapist. As much as I enjoyed Charlton's company. I didn't comply, I didn't say anything I just sat there and listened to them try and get words out of me.

I have to go, but I will start writing again. It's freeing. Carlo is taking me somewhere today.

Byeee.

Amore, xx

"Are you ready?" Carlo asks as he leans against the door frame with his arms crossed.

"Yeah." I smile and put my journal down.

We both walk outside and get into one of his cars, we sit in silence as he doesn't start the car.

"Are we just going to sit here?" I ask looking over at him.

"Seatbelt, baby." He smiles and starts the car but still doesn't move. I clip my seatbelt in and he finally drives forward. I watch as his hand goes over to my side of the car and nearly touches my thigh, but he pulls it back to the wheel. "Sorry... it's a habit."

"Where are we going?" I ask, changing the subject whilst looking out of the window.

"It's a surprise." He chuckles.

****

I sit criss crossed in the middle of one of Carlo's friends' houses, surrounded by two kittens meowing at me.

I pick up the grey fluffy one that I named 'smudge' and place it in my lap as the brown fluffy one I named 'Loki' runs circles around me.

From the corner of the room Carlo and his friend watch me, I look up at him and he's smiling fondly at me whilst talking to his friend.

"Baby, are you ready to go? We have one more stop." Carlo steps forward after a couple minutes. I look over to the window and see that it's raining.

"Have you got a jacket?" I ask and he nods his head passing me the jacket he has on.

I pick up the kittens and place them into it, then turn to his friend. "Thank you." I smile and he smiles back.

"You're welcome. Drive safe okay?" He tells Carlo as we run to the car.

"Bye!" I shout waving to the man as my door gets closed and Carlo goes to the drivers side. "Where are we going?"

"Just another surprise. We have to drop those two off first." He glances over at me then back to the road. "You feeling okay?"

I look down at the kittens in my lap and watch as they yawn before cuddling up to each other and closing their eyes. "Yeah."

"Not hungry?"

"Nope." I shake my head.

****

"Just put them down." Carlo begs.

"No." I laugh and hold the kittens closer to me.

"They'll be here when we get back. I promise." He tries not to smile as I run to the other side of the room. "Just get changed and then we can go. The quicker we leave the quicker you can get back to them."

"No." I shake my head and Carlo runs at me. I let out a scream and run around the bedroom away from him.

"I'll buy you a puppy."

I stop suddenly and he stands in front of me. "I can buy myself a puppy."

"I never said you couldn't. Now. The kittens." He holds his arms out.

Rolling my eyes I place the kittens in his arms and grab the matching hoodie and sweatpants from off the bed.

"Dickhead." I mumble as I walk past him into the bathroom.

"Huh?"

"Nothing." I smile and slam the door quickly.