Chapter 31

THIRD PERSON :
Flashbacks are from the first book and also written in third person.

Start song-
________________________________

"Where are we going?" Adelaide questions as Carlo drags her down the stairs and towards the front door.

"It's raining." He chuckles slightly.

"So my next surprise is catching a cold?" Adelaide deadpans as Carlo comes to a stop with his hand on the handle of the door.

"Very funny." Carlo sneers, his hand goes towards Adelaide's hood slowly so she can watch the movement and not flinch. He lifts the hood over her head and pulls on the strings to tighten it.

_________
Flashback:

Carlo runs back into the bedroom and throws Adelaide over his shoulder and runs down the stairs and out of the house into the middle of the road where it is empty.

"Carlo what are you doing?" Adelaide questions as she gets immediately soaked in water.

"My mom was watching this show. I can't remember what it's called but they were dancing in the rain and I want to do that with you." Carlo grins cheekily.

She laughs and shakes her head pushing her hair out of her face. Carlo smiles down at her as the water falls down his face.

End of flashback.
---------

Carlo drags Adelaide into the middle of the road and stands in front of her whilst his dark hair mats against his face with water droplets falling down his face.

He looks into his lover's glaucous eyes and watches how her face looks confused. Her face turning red and her jaw jittering and her teeth chattering together as she shivers.

Adelaide looks into the man's eyes before her and watches the drop of rain fall from his hair to his chin. His face turns a slight shade of red before he starts laughing.

"Why are you laughing?" Adelaide shouts over the rain.

"Nothing." He grins. Carlo steps back and bows holding a hand out towards her, he slips his hand in his sleeve so Adelaide doesn't have to have skin to skin contact. "May I have this dance?"

Adelaide slowly places her hand into his covered one and Carlo guides her arms around his neck whereas he settles his arms around her waist.

Carlo slowly places his head into Adelaide's covered neck and inhales her scent that he's missed.

___________
Start of flashback:

"Lovely to meet you." Rico holds his hand out and Adelaide side glances her father, Santiago, he gives her a slight nod and she places her hands in the mans.

"Likewise."

"This is my son, Carlo."

Carlo and Adelaide shake hands.

End of flashback.
---------

As the two sway in the rain in the middle of the road away from the gates of the mansion they both don't realise that they are being watched.

No. Not by an enemy.

But by the family Adelaide has yet to realise won't hurt her. Carlo's mother, Rose, is sat at her window with her daughter, Isabella, and nephew's, Nicola and Ricardo.

Rose reads a bedtime story to the children whilst every now and again watching her biological son and the girl she internally promised to protect dance in the rain...