Chapter 41

"I want a new tattoo. And my back needs touching up." I whisper quietly through the quiet room.

Carlo and I lay on our sides facing each other, I rest my head on my arm as he holds my hand and reciprocates my movement. I look up at our intertwined hands and trace over his Rose tattoo.

"What tattoo do you want?" He whispers back clearly not wanting to disrupt our quiet time. The sun shines through the curtains as we lay in bed on the cold sheets.

He lays in a pair of black jeans and a white button up shirt and I lay in this flowing white dress I found. The hand he's not holding my hand with plays with strings on the dress and he wraps them around his fingers.

"I'm not sure." I look towards him to see he's already watching me intricately.

"We can go at any point. I have meetings this whole week but I can cancel and get Emilio to go. Or I can figure something out." He shrugs.

"No. Go to the meetings. Whenever you have time we can go. Or I can go by myself."

"Adelaide." He rolls his eyes and leans forward and presses a kiss to my lips. "You're more important than some shitty meetings. If you want a tattoo, we're getting you a tattoo. We can go shopping as well. Get whatever you want. You can get a new pet if you want."

I shake my head. "So I can get a panther?"

"Yes."

"A gorilla?"

"Yes."

"Goat?"

"Mhm." He leans forward with a small smile.

"Gecko?"

He nods his head and interlocks our other hands.

"Shark?"

He brings our hands above my head as he rolls on top of me. "Yes."

"Lion?"

He nudges my nose with his. "Yes."

I go to list another animal but he speaks first. "Adelaide, I'll buy you a zoo. Three if you want. Or I can buy you a rescue Center where you can help look after the animals and set them free. I know how you are about all of that."

He leans forward, closer, until I can feel his warm breath on my lips, his eyes flicker to them and I look at his then back to his eyes.

"An Ant?" I croak out nervously .

His eyebrows furrow and he pulls back a little with a smile on his face. "If you really want it." He licks his lips before pressing them softly against mine.

He lets go of one of my hands and presses his hand against the side of my face using his thumb to brush just under my eye. I bring my hand down also and keep my hand on his chest.

Carlo pulls away and smiles brightly. I suck my bottom lip into my mouth and he follows the movement with his eyes. I take this distraction and push him off of the bed.

"Race you to the kitchen!" I shout and jump off the bed and out of the door.

"You cheater Adelaide!" I hear him scream from behind me.

I run down the stairs nearly tripping over in the process and by the time I've got to the kitchen I can hear him at the top of the stairs.

"Hide me!" I whisper shout to Alessia who is baking.

"Here." She steps back from the counter and opens a cupboard door. I go to say something about how I'm not small, but I hear Carlo getting closer so I climb in and she closes the door.

I hear her learn against it slightly as she acts normal.

"Where's Adelaide?"

"She's not in here. Have you tried the dining room?" The dining room is next door.

"No." I hear him start walking and feel Alessia lean harder against the door. I clasp my hand over my mouth to stop myself from laughing. "Sia. Where is she?"

"I've already told you."

There's a silence before the pressure on the door lightens and the doors swing open. "No!" Alessia laughs and as the doors are open I crawl out and stand up to run to the other side of the counter.

I laugh at the way Carlo is holding Alessia back with one hand and he's still holding the cupboard door open. "I won anyways." I shrug.

"You cheated!" He points accusingly. I pick up a strawberry and take a bite.

"No. I just simply-."

"Pushed me?" He walks over to me.

"It was a nudge." I smile at him and he rolls his eyes.

"I have a bruise."

"Oh no." I gasp. "You poor thing."

He glares at me and turns around walking over to Alessia. "She's horrible Sia." He whispers not so quietly to her.

****

"I told you not to get all of them if you're doing this one." Carlo mumbles as he places an ice pack onto back. I lay stretched over onto the kitchen counter.

My back stings. "Shut up." I groan and head butt the table. Carlo quickly places his hand where my head is hitting so I head butt his hand instead.

I got my mums name on my arm and a rose on my other arm. Carlo got 'Amore' written on his thumb going down words in red. I tried to convince him not to but he just rolled his eyes and got it.

"Do you need any water?" He asks, holding the ice on my back.

"No, I'm okay."

"It's late. Do you want to eat and then go sleep?"

"Can I just go to sleep?" I close my eyes tiredly and hear him sigh before I'm lifted up. My eyes snap open and he wraps my legs around his waist whilst holding under my ass with one hand whilst the other holds the ice still.

"Sleep it is then." He chuckles slightly and carries me up the stairs.

"Hoodie and shorts?" He questions and sits me on the bed. I nod my head and lay on my stomach whilst waiting for him.

He walks out with a pair of sweatpants on and no shirt then hands me the clothes. He closes his eyes and waits for me to get dressed.

When I'm done he pulls me into his chest as he lays down. He turns the TV on and rubs my thighs as I get comfortable and ready to fall asleep.

"Goodnight Amore."

Is the last thing I hear before drifting to sleep.