Chapter 13

EMILIO'S POV:

"Carlo's drunk again." Giovanni announces as he rubs his forehead and walks into the office.

I look up from the stack of papers next to me and see how stressed out he looks. "Where is he?"

"Alessia's with him, trying to get him to sleep." He mumbles sitting down and resting his head on the table.

I nod my head in understanding and sign more papers. "I'm going to go to one of the clubs and look for her with the rest."

Giovanni looks at me shocked. "What?"

"I'm going to go look for Adelaide." I answer without looking at him. "I'm going to go get ready." I stand up from the table and hear Giovanni say my name but I ignore him.

I walk to my room and put a clean suit on, whilst I button up my shirt there's a knock at the door. "Come in."

The door opens and Isabella walks in with her head down, she sits on my bed and curls up into a ball. She does this a lot, to either me, Marco, Jonathon, or Xavier.

"What's wrong, tesorina?" (Little treasure).

"He's been drinking again." I turn around and look at her as she speaks. She's staring at the wall with a blank look on her face. "Hasn't he?" She looks at me with tears in her eyes.

Taking a deep breath I walk over to her and crouch down onto the floor so I'm level with her. I rest my head onto the bed and move the hair away from her eyes.

"He's just struggling." I try to reason, even though that can't be an excuse anymore.

"Okay? We all are, you don't see me becoming an alcoholic and smelling of something weird do you?"

"Tesorina, you know how he is. He doesn't know how to express his emotions, so he uses the first thing he sees." I rub her head and she lets tears spill.

"What if he brings those rude girls over, like he did before Adelaide?" She's now sobbing.

"He won't do that. He loves Adelaide, so I'm sure he won't. And if he does I will personally shoot, and torture him myself."

She laughs a little through the tears. "I like that idea." She sniffs.

"Good. You can stay here if you want. I'm going out." I press a kiss to her forehead and stand up.

"To find Adelaide?" She asks.

"Yeah." I smile a little at her and she nods her head closing her eyes.

I turn the TV on and place the remote next to her head just in case. I close the door quietly and start walking over to Carlo's room.

I have a few words that need to be said.

"STOP!" I hear him shout from his room down the hall.

I walk over and open the door immediately, Alessia is standing next to him trying to calm him down. "Carlo, you need to calm down."

"No." He glares at her and forces her out of his way harshly. She stumbles a little but gains her balance, she notices me and her eyes are filled with tears.

I motion her to get out and she does so with a small sob. I close the door so it's just Carlo and I.

"You're a dick you know that?" I say, he turns around and smiles a little, spreading his arms out. He stumbles as he makes his way over to me.

"Emilio!" He laughs and tries to hug me. I push him back and he falls onto the floor. "Well that was rude." He stands up and glares at me.

"You need to sort yourself out!" I shout. "You're fucking disappointing everyone. Do you not realise who you just pushed? Your little sister is coming crying to me because she's finding out new things that she shouldn't even be worrying about. Your mom is locked away in her room crying, thinking she's failed you and Isabella!"

The look on his face shows sadness and a little bit of soberness.

"So help me, if you don't sort yourself out I'm going to do something that I might regret. Stop being a little bitch and look for your wife and child!"

Carlo stares at me silently and nervously.

"And you need to speak to Isabella. You told me you wanted to get your little sister back but you're doing the opposite. Because she's asleep after crying about you being drunk twenty four seven and smelling like weed. Not only that, she thinks you're going to sleep with other girls." He snaps his eyes to me, shocked and filled with tears.

"She's only young, Carlo. She shouldn't be worried about any of that. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go and look for your wife. Which by the way is more than anything you have done in a month."

I open the door and slam it behind me leaving him in his own pity.

****

"Hello darling." I wink at a girl who walks past me, she blushes a little and carries on walking. I bite my lip and tilt my head to the side watching how her hips sway.

She turns around and sees me looking still and blushes harder. I chuckle at her reaction and watch her walk out of the door.

I've been here for an hour now trying to look for Adelaide and still no show. I had a feeling in my stomach that she would be here.

"Fuck." I mumble and grab a shot glass, throwing it down my throat.

"We're going to head back." One of the guys that came here with me says as he walks past.

I nod my head and start walking until I see a glimpse of a certain pair of grey eyes, before they disappear with the crowd.

"I'm going to stay a little longer." I mumble.