Chapter 2: An Unanticipated Encounter

The motor car halted in front the huge Fernsby mansion which looked no less than a Palace. His Trilochan Kaka and his brother Somnath got out from the car holding the gift and bouquet. His Sampoorna Maa didn't accompany them as she was not willing to leave her mentally unstable husband Binoy alone due to the fear of getting attacked by their enemies from Krishna Nagar. Anirudh got down after parking the car and when they were about to enter, another car halted behind them out of which came out their well-known rivals, Thakuma, her granddaughter Tupur along with her husband Chandrachur. Trilochan warned his two short-tempered nephews saying "dekho tum dono jo apna aapa kho baithte ho na inn dushmano ko dekhke, wo zara kaabu mein rakho. Hum yaha apne kaam se aaye hai toh koi tamasha nahi chahiye hame." Somnath who had already lost his cool was about to speak up when Anirudh interrupted and said "Som, kaka sahi keh rahe hai, ham yaha kaam se aaye hai wo khatam karke jaana hai, bas." Saying this they entered the mansion.

The Das family also entered the mansion carrying the gifts in their hands. Thakuma was walking in front followed by Chandrachur. Tupur was mesmerized by surrounding full of western decoration. She saw the British ladies walking with their men locking their arms with each other. In a flow she surrounded her hand around Chandrachur's arm. But just an angry glare from him, she freed her arms only to get her wrist tightly held by him. He warned her saying "Thakuma ke saamne hone ka fayda uthane ki koshish mat karo. Maana sabke saamne main ek pyaar karne wala pati hu. Par ye tum bhi jaanti ho ki sirf Thakuma ke kehne par main tumhe apne saath le aaya. Isiliye andar jashn mein pohochte hi mere aamne saamne mandrane ki bhi koshish mat karna." He left her wrist which was printed with his finger marks, and he held her jaws tightly causing her pain, he continued "aur apne iss badsoorti ko ache se dhak lena." Saying this he went ahead leaving her behind with a pool of tears. She was about to move when she felt someone was watching them. She turned behind to check but found the area empty. Ignoring it she moved towards the party hall.

When the lady to whom the officer's son got married came in front of the two families, their words were dried up to speak out. She gave them an evil smirk. Not able to believe his eyes, Anirudh uttered "Bondita!" in shock. Due to this unexpected encounter of both the family with her, they were going to utter the same when Philips interrupted them from behind approaching towards her and throwing his arms around her shoulder he said "So Roy Choudhary and Das family, meet my beautiful wife Mrs.Suzie Fernsby." They got another shock by this statement. Both the families minds especially Anirudh's and Thakuma's, were filled with same questions. How did Bondita escaped from being a Sanyasini? Where was she all these months? And biggest question among all, when and why did she get married to a Britisher and become Suzie?

"Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Fernsby" their pool of thoughts were interrupted when the guests came there to meet the couple with gifts and bouquets. "I must say Philips, your wife is really beautiful." One of them said. The couple looked at each other smiling and thanked them. Anirudh wanted to speak to Bondita regarding this and that was when one of the guest spoke up "I've heard you're a gold medalist barrister as well! You are a gem. Miss beauty with brain." By hearing this an unknown proud smile crept on Anirudh's face but it couldn't last long as Bondita said "Thank you so much for your complement but I'm not a Barrister anymore because I don't consider myself as one." She completed her last line glaring at Anirudh which was enough for him to get another shock and break him from core.

When they were busy with the guests, Chandrachur went near Thakuma and said "Ye sab kya ho raha hai Thakuma? Ye Bondita..kaise..kuch samajh nahi aa raha hai." Thakuma looked at the Roy Choudharys who themselves were busy discussing about the same "iska jawaab to ye log hi de sakte hai." saying this she approached them and turned Anirudh around with a jerk making him face her and uttered in anger "kya hai ye sab? Meri poti aakhri baar aap hi ke yaha thi na? Sanyasini banane ke jagah ussy ek angrezi mem bana diya? Arrey isse acha toh uske muh mein koyla rakhke ussey hamesha ke liye gung..." she was interrupted by Somnath "Bas! Hume kya milega hamari dushman ki shaadi karake woh bhi itne bade afsar ke bete se? Arrey hum toh chahte the ki ye Sanyasini banke apni saza kaate zindagi bhar." Trilochan said "sahi kaha Som, zaroor kaand issiki poti ne ki hogi. Bhaag gayi hogi wahan se aur uss ladke ko behla fusla ke kar liya hoga vivah. Aur naam bhi kya rakha hai? Suji!?" "Bas kijiye aap log!" Anirudh finally spoke up getting irritated of their blaming rant. "Ye baat Bondita ke sivaay aur koi bhi nahi bata sakta. Hume ussey hi jaake puchna hoga." Bondita and Philips approached them and he said "wow! two enemies united at a party that too for a fight, great! Yahi toh Indians ki baat hai, khud toh ek dusre se dushmani nibhate hai and humse expect karte hai ki hum inse dushmani naa nibhaaye." He mocked them laughing to which Bondita also joined him giving them another shock. "look at them, gifts and bouquets laaye hai but hume diya hi nahi" he said pretending to wipe his invisible tears. Anirudh took this as a chance to speak with Bondita regarding this. He approached towards her with the bouquet and was about to ask her to meet them alone when she uttered which was only audible to him taking bouquet from his hands "Suzie was sitting in a shoe shine shop. Where she sits she shines and where she shines she sits. She emphasized on the last sentence gesturing him look at Philips who was busy receiving gift from Chandrachur. Philips was called by Jacob "you guys carry on" to which she nodded positively and he left leaving her alone with them.

Anirudh was taken aback when she spoke up. He remembered the day when Saudamini came back in his life as Betty Greenwood.

"Betty bought some butter, but the butter was bitter
So Betty bought some more butter, to make the bitter butter better"
She uttered the last statement gesturing him to look at John Greenwood with a smirk and her eyes were filled with anger and revenge.

Today when his Bondita uttered those words he could also see a replica of Saudamini with the same anger revenge filled in her eyes. "What is she upto?" Was the only question running in his mind.

His trance broke when Thakuma all of a sudden asked her holding her wrist tightly "Ye sab kya hai Bondita? Tune shaadi karli? Aur woh bhi ek angrez se. Shaant kyu khadi hai? Waise toh kainchi jaise zubaan chalti hai teri ab kyu chup hai? Jawaab de." Chandrachur calmed her down and was about to ask her the same question when she showed her palm indicating him to stop. She held Thakuma's hand which was clutching her wrist and jerked it away. Thakuma glared her in shock while she uttered rudely"apna ye bal kisi aur pe prayog kijiye, main aapko koi bhi jawaab dena zaroori nahi samajhti." Anirudh couldn't tolerate such behaviour from her although Thakuma was their enemy, but he had always taught her to respect elders and above all she was her Thakuma. He uttered in anger "Ye kya tareeka hai Bondita, kyu kar rahi ho ais..." "Zabaan sambhal ke baat kijiye Mr. Roy Choudhary, British officer ke party mein aake aap unhi ke bahu se aise baat nahi kar sakte. Warna guards se kehke aap sabko bahar phekwa dungi. Phir jis kaam ke liye aaye hai aaplog, woh adhura reh jaayega." She warned them all of a sudden interrupting him. Seeing this Trilochan kaka held Anirudh's shoulder and said "dekha Anirudh, jiss Bondita ki tum itni chinta kar rahe the na itne mahine, woh toh ab apne hi pariwaar ki dushman bann chuki hai ab ussey hum kya hi jawaab ki umeed kare?". To this Bondita replied "Sahi kaha aapne Zamindar babu" and looking at Anirudh she continued "ab tak aapne Bondita ki dosti aur pyaar dekha hai. Ab aap Bondita ki dushmani dekhenge Mr. Roy Choudhary. Aur aap hi nahi, unn sab se jinhone meri khushiyaan chinana chaha." She completed her last statement glaring at the Das family.

Upcoming: "C'mon clean my shoes." Ordered Philips to Tupur who spilled the juice on his shoes by mistake. "Tupur aisa kuch nahi karegi" said Chandrachur in a stern manner.

"Agar aap chahte hai ki aapka kaam, jisse poora karne aap yaha aaye hai, usme koi rukawat na aaye, toh Tupur ko ya Chandrachur babu ko ye joota saaf karna hi hoga." uttered Bondita looking straight at both of them.

Tupur bent down to clean his shoe when suddenly her wrist was held by someone making her stop to do so.

________________________

Hey guys! Here's the next chapter.
If you liked this part plz don't forget turn the star orange.

Do comment down your views about this part and please don't hate me to present this kind of Bondita (*puppy eyes*).

I promise you won't be disappointed.
Shotti! 🤗

Love,
Ammy💜