Chapter 17: Some unchanged things

A change can be due to several reasons or situations. But being habitual or unwillingness towards it, some things never change. No matter what.

The soccer practice was on going on with full spirit. By now almost everyone has got used to the game but some of them were still lagging behind while some of them weren't much cooperating with the team thinking about the 'dushmani'. But Anirudh left no stones unturned to train them with several techniques as his confidence was more than just knowing that they deserve the best. He always try his best not to yell on top of his voice as that eventually may lead them to think that he is being partial with one or the other.

"Haa come on tum ye kar sakte ho Ratan." Anirudh tried to cheer up one of his teammate as he was one of the poor player of their team. With lot of efforts, he was about to hit the ball at the goal post. As he kicked the ball, instead of hitting on the post, it bounced away so high that it reached the other ground, where apparently, the British boys were practicing the game with Phillips. And that was it, Anirudh couldn't control his anger and lashed out on him. Ratan being from Tulsipur itself, was well known to his anger. Although within these 8 years, Anirudh had stopped his attack by words, rather he preferred the 'concept' of Action speaking louder than words. But due to this competition this old habit of his was gradually coming out proving that this thing is never going to be changed.

 But due to this competition this old habit of his was gradually coming out proving that this thing is never going to be changed

"Kitni baar practice ki hai humne. Itne din se tum thik se ball bhi kick nahi kar paa rahe the aur ab jab seekh liya toh seedh dusre ilaake bhej diya?" Anirudh yelled on top of his voice while Ratan just looked down. He continued "Ab waha jaayenge ball lene toh wo Phillips phir se humara waqt barbaad karne ki koshish karega." "Par aur koi chaara bhi toh nahi hai na Barrister Babu, ball toh laani hi hogi. Jiski wajah se ye hua hai wahi jaayega. Khade kya ho Ratan, jao jaldi ball leke aao waha se." Paretosh, other teammate from Krishna Nagar spoke up. Ratan was about to go when Anirudh stopped him and said "Ruko. Hum sab saath mein chalenge,yahi sahi hoga." Paretosh interrupted "par Barrister Babu..." he couldn't complete his words as Anirudh gestured him to stop by showing his palm. 

Reaching there, he found the ball lying on there on ground while the entire area was empty. No one seemed to be there at the practice ground. Taking this as opportunity Ratan spoke up "Raasta saaf hai Barrister babu, mai abhi jaake ball leke aata hu." To which Anirudh nodded and told him to be careful. As Ratan was approaching near the ball, he looked his around to make sure nobody is there. He reached near the ball and bent down to pick it up, that's when someone kicked it away. Of course it had to be one of their competent from the British team. As soon as he kicked away the ball, another boy came and halted it by stamping on it. He stood coolly with his hands in pocket and one leg on the ball as he spoke up in his British accent "What happed you Indian? Ball nahi chahiye kya? Lo aake le jaao." As soon as Ratan reached there, he again kicked it to the first one. "Come on boy, take  the ball. Usi ke liye aaye ho na tum?" he spoke up. And again Ratan went to his side but he again did the same. This went on going for sometimes until one of them kicked it high and was stopped by a foot which were wearing healed shoes. By the time Anirudh and others reached the ground witnessing the situation.