Chapter 18: The temporarily permanent scars

When Tupur asked about Eliza's scar which is barely visible due to her make-up, she went numb for a moment. Shutting her eyes and leaving a deep sigh, she gave a smile and replied "Bachpan mein shararat karne ka anjaam hai. My mother, I mean, meri maa jab mujhe porridge khila rahi thi, jo ki mujhe bilkul bhi pasand nahi, tab main bhaag rahi thi aur wo mere peeche mujhe wo khaana khilaane ke liye bhaag rahi thi. Bhaagte waqt dikha hi nahi ki table tha saamne. Choti thi, Uss mez jitni thi meri kad. Takra kar gir gayi. Aur tab se ye nishaan hai." They both giggled but Tupur was a bit shocked to hear that was a permanent scar on her face that too since childhood. Still she looked so beautiful and indeed, smart and kind.

Out of curiosity she asked "Par Elija madam, aapko kabhi bura nahi laga ki ye nishaan aapki khoobsoorti ko dhak raha hai. Aapko kabhi laga nahi ki..." she looked down hesitant to ask her, but Eliza held her chin and made her look up and said, "jo puchna hai bejijhak pooch sakti ho, mujhe apni saheli maan sakti ho tum" to which Tupur smiled and continued "Toh aapko kabhi laga nahi ki aapke hone wale pati kya sochenge. Ki unhe aap sundar lagengi ki nahi." After hearing the word pati, her smile vanished a bit which didn't went unnoticed by Tupur but ignored it as she again composed her posture with a smile and replied "Dekho Tupur, asli sundarta jo hai wo bahaari nahi, balki andhrooni hoti hai. Log khoobsoorat hote hai, dikhne mein nahi, balki jo wo hai. Agar dil saaf, sacha, aur achai se bhara ho na, toh duniya ke saari ladkiya sundar hoti hai. Aur jo main ye make up karke, tayyar hoke chalti hu, wo dusro ko dikhane ki liye nahi, apne liye karti hu. Ye nishaan isi liye chupaati hu kyuki bas wo bachapan ka haadsa yaad aajata hai. Aur kuch nahi."

Tupur was in awe by her matured statement about beauty. She just gave a smile and wished that her husband could also understand this point. While she was pulling her veil up to her face to hide her burnt mark, Eliza her her hand and said, "Isse yu sharam ke maare chupane ki zaroorat nahi hai. Tum jaisi bhi ho, bohot sundar ho." Tupur gave her a smile. Eliza's smile vanished a bit when she said "jo pati sirf chehre aur tann ki khoobsurti dekhke apni patni se pyaar kare, wo aadmi pati kehlaane ke laayak nahi hai" Tupur's smile also vanished after hearing this as she was a live example of having such a husband like Chandrachur who is still mad after Bondita even when he is aware about the fact that she's married. She asked Eliza "aapke saath bhi aisa kuch hua hai kya?"

Eliza stood up and went near the window where ground was visible while Tupur followed her. Looking at someone at the ground among the teams, without any expression she uttered "Hua toh hai. Aur jiske wahah se hua hai, unhi ko harana mera maksad hai." Tupur looked at the way Eliza was gazing at the ground and was shocked to know that she was gazing at Bondita. She was about to ask about it but the girls called her to begin with the new topic.

 She was about to ask about it but the girls called her to begin with the new topic

Anirudh went near Bondita who was still struggling with her shoe lace. "Ms. Bondita Das, London returned gold medalist Barrister, jo ab Mrs. Suzie, yaani ki ek Britisher hai, bejhijhak bandook chalaati hai, Soccer champion hai etcetera etcetera, ek shoe lace bhi baandhna nahi aata." he mocked with a smirk while she frowned and stood up and called her servant James. But he was no where to be seen and seeing this Anirudh gave out a chuckle. Seeing this Bondita said "Hass lijiye jitna hasna hai. Aakhir humare competition jeetne ke baad, aap hi ko toh ye sab karna hai na, our to be slave." Anirudh gave her a challenging smile and replied "dekhte hai kon competition jeetega aur kon yaha se apna officer title chhodke chala jaaye ga." She looked away in annoyance while he again mocked her "aur ummed hai tab tak aap kam se kam apna lce baandhna seekh hi jaayengi."

Bondita gritted her teeth and was about to move towards him to give him a proper reply but she tripped because of her open lace and due to which Anirudh got pushed and she fell on him. Both of them were lying on the ground which went unnoticed by others present there as they were behind a bench.

For a moment, their eyes locked and for that particular moment, Anirudh noticed that the emotions, 'maasoomiyat' and 'shararat' that contained in his Bondita's eyes seems to be vanished

For a moment, their eyes locked and for that particular moment, Anirudh noticed that the emotions, 'maasoomiyat' and 'shararat' that contained in his Bondita's eyes seems to be vanished. Now those black orbs were devoid of any emotions. It is said that eyes are the mirror to your emotions but here, her eyes were like an opaque wall behind which she had locked all her emotions and dreams. It seems that her tears have dried up along with the love and empathy for everyone. For the first time, he was unable to read what's exactly going inside her as if those opaque walls were blocking his views to peek inside her. He was unable to decipher her emotions. He was unable to find his Bondita inside this Suzie.

It was probably due to the scar in her heart which she got because of him that made her heart a stoned one which is devoid of any mercy or empathy for any one. And this thing was him eating up from inside out of guilt and a fear for her. Whoever or however she is, this fact cannot be denied that she is his Bondita and he cares for her, no matter what others or he himself think.

Kuch Khafa Hu Kuch Dukhi Hun
Narazagi Hai Tujhse
Fir Bhi Koi Dor Hai Jo
Bandhe Huye Hai Tujhse
Kimati Si Cheez Jese Gum Ho Gayi Hain Mujhse
Kyu Na Jane Teri Chinta
Ho Rahi Hai Mujhe
Har Ghadi Ab Kyun Hain Dhyan Tera
Rishta Tera Mera...

When he came out of his thoughts, he saw that they were still lying with her on top and she was struggling to detangle her hair which was stuck on his button. She was pulling her hair to remove it from there which made him stop her by holding her hand. He held her shoulder and made her sat up so that she can conveniently do what she is doing. As they sat up, he noticed her untied shoes. As she was engrossed in detangling her hair, he moved his hand towards her shoes to tie it up without getting noticed by her. As her knees were folded up to her chest, it was easy for him to reach his hands till her legs.

As they got free, they stood up and Bondita noticed her tied lace and looked at him while he looked away. Giving him a final glare, she walked away, and while moving forward, he noticed her scraped elbow. She must have got hurt when they fell now. He sighed thinking that she got yet another temporarily permanent scar.
__________________________

Hey guys,

So the Eliza's part of upcoming glimpses was left in a partway.
That's why I couldn't write about their challenge part. It will be shown in next chapter.

Do lemme know in the comments below about this chapter and turn the star orange.

Love,
Ammy💜