Chapter 22: Reformer meets Revolutionary

In the cool breeze of early morning, Anirudh was driving towards the Deenpur sports shop not before telling the boys team to finish the warm ups until he's back. He also went to the chalet before leaving to check the girls only to find them to be engrossed in learning by themselves through the pictorial representation charts and Tapur being the monitor, was minding the class as Eliza already informed Anirudh last night through telephone that she will be arriving late. Anyways they were almost prepared for the competition for which only 3 days were left.

He was going to the sports shop to buy a new ball. Although the previous day they won the ball from the 'mini' match challenge with the British team, he didn't take the ball from them because at the end of the day, it belongs to the opponents and he didn't want any kind of favour from them. He accepted challenge just as a test for his team so that they can take the 'main' competition seriously for which only 6 days were left and that too will be conducted if the Indian girls team will win the intelligence test. Therefore he decided to focus on the girls for these 3 days and Eliza will be handling the boys as she's apparently trained in the game.

Reaching the shop which apparently opens in the early morning itself, he went inside. It was a two storyed British store with some Indian workers and staffs "Arrey Barrister babu Nomoshkaar. Kahiye kya madad kar sakte hai aapki?" The shopkeeper greeted him with respect as Anirudh was a well known personality being a Barrister, Social reformer and the neta of Tulsipur. At this early hour, only this shopkeeper was present. "Dada, Size 5 wala Football chahiye." Anirudh said with a stern expression yet in a polite manner. "Barrister Babu, 5 number wala ball toh bagal wale godaam mein hai. Aap 10 minute rukiye, main abhi laata hu. Tab tak aap dekh lijiye agar aur kuch chahiye ho toh." To which he nodded and the shopkeeper went towards the godown leaving behind Anirudh alone in the shop.

Anirudh was roaming inside the shop thinking about the way he can prove Bondita's innocence in front of the villagers. His pool of thoughts were interrupted when he heard a commotion of the British cops from far outside "Pakado ussey! Wo ek aatanki hai." Before Anirudh could react to it, he saw the shutter of the shop getting closed by someone from inside, due to which the entire room was engulfed in mild darkness. All he could see a silhouette who just appeared out of nowhere and closing the shutter. After putting down the shutter, the figure anxiously looked here and there finding a way out.

Anirudh with a large steps approached towards the figure and turned towards him hearing his footsteps in a shock as if someone's presence was unexpected inside this early and the shopkeeper was also seen moving outside the shop. "Kaun ho tum?" he screamed in a low yet audible voice but before he could get a response, the figure pushed him aside and ran past to him. "Aye!" He exclaimed and started running behind the shadow-like figure. Anirudh got the caught of the elbow of that figure due to which a sudden gasp left it's mouth thus revealing it as a female figure by the voice. She quickly left from his hold and ran upstairs.

They reached the top floor of the shop where it was more like a spacious place as the stocks were placed in the racks adjacent to the wall of the rectangular room. That space was precisely meant for the trial purpose before they buy their products. White slender curtains were hung dividing the sections.

He ran behind her passing through the translucent white curtains. He was finally able to catch the free end of her pagdi which was covering her face as well and pulled it with a force making her turn around facing him.