Chapter 14: A revolution for revolution

2:15 pm
Chandernagore

The British officials along with their people were gathered at the abandoned building discussing their plan against the revolutionaries who may attack disguising themselves like a commoner covering their weapons in their outfits. The entire place was dark and shady, except a point where a ray of the afternoon sun was falling from the cavity of the ceiling.

Apart from that single source of light, there was another ray of light who was camouflaged in the darkness for time being. Hiding herself behind the wall, wearing a black outfit, her face covered with the loosened end of her turban, holding the loaded weapon, she was witnessing their discussions. A long scar line of a deep wound vertically starting from her left eyebrow passing through her left eyelid, her deep brown orbs which were filled with dreams and hopes of revolution, were devoid of any cover.

Her eyes were fixed at those Brits and her ears listening carefully to their plotting which are made against them, precisely her. She tried to get a bit more close to hear them more clearly, for which she took her steps forward silently. But suddenly her feet got hit to a large pebble which got bounced near them due to which they got alerted.

"Who's there!?" One of them held his gun towards the source of the pebble. Before they could do anything, she fired one of them below his knees which distracted their sights from her to the wounded fellow and taking this as an oppertunity, she mysteriously concealed away in the darkness.

After running a far from the spot, she reached a small hut. She quickly went back side of the hut and digged her weapon inside the ground.

Getting inside the hut, she changed her black outfit into a pale yellow suit and its dupatta was used to cover her head and face in such a way that only her eyes were visible and the scar was still evident. She folded her black outfit and kept it in a trunk that was present there which contained some maps and the plan charts of her campaign.

Closing the door behind her, she started walking carrying a potli which contained some fruits and delicacies.

The doctor came out and said "The bullet has been removed

The doctor came out and said "The bullet has been removed. He needs rest. You can meet him now." The British officials and his people went inside the room where the one who got shot at that time was lying unconscious. Looking at him, one of them uttered "Ho na ho, ye zaroor uss kranteekaree Ahaana Aas kaa kaam hei. She never got caught by anyone yet. But kab tak bachegi wo. Kabhee naa kabhee hum uss museebat ko khtam karke hi rahenge."

The person who was appointed by the Fernsbys to find out about the pamphlet owner, reached Chandernagore but had to go the hospital as he was a bit injured. He was getting himself dressed on the would in the nearby room when suddenly, hearing the name "Ahaana Aas" he went inside that room.

"Aap Ahaana Aas ko jaante hai?" He asked them. "Who are you? Are you a spy?" One of them held the gun oh his forehead while he got scared and blurted out that he was sent by the Deenpur officer to find out about Ahaana Aas and handed over the pamphlet due to which the girls agreed for the competition. One of them started to tell about her.