Chapter 33: Back to normal?

Every other time, they would have just ignored each other especially in her absence. But this time, the circumstances were such that Phillips unwillingly had to confront his father and the outcome wasn't that good due to which Jacob had to pull him away from the outsiders present in the room in order to maintain his image.

"Have you lost it Phillips!? You were degrading your own image by acting like this in front of those servents and employees. If your brother was here, he would have taught you something." This made him look away from him. Jacob held his shoulders and continued "I'm telling this for you, son. For your benifit. You are the future of our family. We have earned a reputation. I don't want you to spoil it just because of that lady..."

"Don't!" Phillips hissed pointing his index finger. "Don't forget you're talking about my... my mother." He left a sob at the end. "And what did you just say? For my benifit? Oh please! You just care about yourself. Just because I'm... unfortunately... Jacob Fernsby's son, YOUR son. So in order to protect YOUR image, YOUR sons image, you're doing all this for YOURSELF!"

He moved towards the railing of the balcony holding them tightly "And what did you just say? That Daniel would have taught me? Glad that he isn't here. Otherwise my Suzie wouldn't had been safe. What if he did the same thing like he did with... that girl?" His low and unusual calm voice highlighting his anger more.

Jacob didn't respond this. Instead he smirked and said "Such a hypocrite you are. Aren't you? You're finally back to normal the way you were with me. Because nowadays your behavior towards me had been totally opposite especially in front of your wife." "So that she won't get to know about your hypocrisy!" Phillips uttered gritting his teeth. "My Suzie respects you. A lot that she has turned against her own family and her dear ones so that you can win. I don't want her to break her trust so that she won't break, yet again."

Anirudh clutched the hood of the cloak on his hold when Bondita wasn't responding

Anirudh clutched the hood of the cloak on his hold when Bondita wasn't responding. She just stood with her back faced to him still breathing heavily. Without wasting a moment, he went in front of her and saw that her eyes were closed. She was still in her day time's yellow dress, elbows bandaged but her face were devoid of any make up. Since she came back married to that Fernsby, he has always seen her face adorned with heavy layer of compact, eyes lined with kohl, and lips painted in pink or scarlett which although enhanced her natural beauty, but seems like it covered her real self as well. 

But right now the girl standing in front, looked similar with the one he witnessed 6 months ago after 8 years. Not Suzie, but Bondita to be precise, the one who came as Vaijayanti. "Bondita, kuch toh bolo. Main jaanta hu tum ye khabar sunke aayi ho aur tabse wahi khadi thi." She opened her eyes looking up at at him. It contained so many questions, so many confusions and curiosity, just like her childhood. "Kya sachme... Tulsipur aur Krishna Nagar ki dushmani khatam ho gayi hai?" She asked with an expectant eyes. He didn't know what was she expecting to hear but he really wished to answer with a yes.