Chapter 37: Heartless congratulations

London
11 months ago

The couple and their witnesses finally signed the Official Marriage Register. "Congratulations!" The matrimonial lawyer exclaimed as they finished up with their procedure. Their friends, Anmol and Richad who were present as the witness of their court marriage, heartly congratulated the newly married couple.

"It is my pleasure to finally introduce you as Mr. and Mrs. Bhattacharya!" Anmol dramatically exclaimed pointing at them who were at the other level of ecstasy. "Oh come on. Just some pleasing and praisings won't do. Liz and Prat-haam it's time to celebratate!" Richard demamded.

"Mere bina celebrations?" They heard a voice from the threashold of the office. Seeing the figure, Pratham exclaimed "Hey look! Here comes the Barrister" There stood their friend Amartya with his black robe hanging on his arm, the degree rolled in his hold and the graduation cap still on his head adjusting his black framed specs.

"Oh my god!" Liz exclaimed and continued "I just forgot about your convovation ceremony. Kahi Bondita ne humare wajah se miss toh nahi kar diya?"

"Don't worry. Bondita bilkul time pe pohoch gayi thi." Amartya said and continued "Or I should say... Gold medalist Barrister, Bondita Das." He said with a grin and the exchanged an elated glaces.

They looked outside looking for her and asked "But hai kaha humari Barrister Babu? Won't she be here to congratulate us? Aakhir usi ki wajah se hunari shaadi ho paayi hai na. We want to thank her atleast."

Amartya sighed and said "Coffee house gayi hai. Apne Sakha Babu se milne."

---

The waiter placed the cup of coffee on the table. Bondita who was still in the white bridal gown with her opened hair, picked up the cup and inhaled the aroma of the content in it with her eyes closed.

"Congratulations, Barrister Babu Bondita" she opened her eyes as she heard him.

Her Sakha Babu has appeared in front of her as usual but this time his face had a different shine, a different pride. He indeed appeared there at the ceremony spot clapping for her but disappeared soon.

Her eyes filled seeing that and couldn't wait to see the reaction from the real one whom she would be meeting soon. Yes, she will be leaving the next day and her excitement was at its peak. Just 2 words from him, Shabaash Bondita... no no! Bravo Bondita.

She let out a cheeky giggle loudly thinking about it that the people present at the cafe looked at her. "Arrey araam se. Log pagal samjhenge tumhe." He said with chukle.

"Kya karu? Ab aapke mooh se badhayi sunne ke liye itni betaab hai Bondita." She said placing the cup down. "Abhi toh maine tumhe congratulate kiya."

"Mujhe apne asli Sakha Babu se sun na hai. Na ki aapki khokli wali. Mujhe unke dil se nikli badhai aur aashirwaad chahiye, naa ki aap se." She frowned.

Hearing that he puffed up her face just like she does to which she chuckled.